El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 1984 El Camino Conquista yesterday for a 1989 Corvette. The El Camino's engine was finally in its death throes, and when I looked at the cost for a new engine, tranny, and exhaust (All of them were deteriorating) plus the cost of my bodywork, I realized it wasn't at all worth it to keep this truck for any reason. So, I went to a used car dealer and looked around. Dad was interested in a Blazer, but when I pointed out the showroom 'Vette for $10,000, his eyes lit up. We managed to get them to lower it to $7000 + my truck, which had virtually no trade in value. I do miss my El Camino, but here's to new beginnings with my black Vette!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many guys get a 'vette before they turn 17? and with their own cash, not bought by their daddy for their birthday? :cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
you just made a good choice on what you were buying, not many kids can save up that much, but when they do they buy something like a ford focus or honda civic.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Can you find out what the dealer is going to do with the Elky carcass?? Are there any good parts on it that other members might need? I'm trying to build a list of local junkyards that have parts Elkies in them for future reference. Good luck with the 'Vette! Will you be bringing it to Webster on 10/5/03??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts