El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Doch said:
W!cKeD_ElK0... out of curiosity, why are you taking it out? What got on your nerves about it?

Also... how did you mount it?
what i mean is that the screen is too bright. when im parallel parkin, the brightness disturbs your vision. tho i work the swing shift, and i get home around midnight and its dark as hell. and the way i mounted it ? i added some mickey mouse bracket on the bottom to support the weight of the radio. there is some cutting involve. as u cut you'll see what part of the vent system stays and goes. its not that hard at all !!

The screen was interesting, but i still go with the belief that if you can fully hear your radio over your exhaust, there is some work to be done :)

now to totally contradict with what i just said, if that was a GPS, that would be awesome.

Lookin good man. I plan on putting a 10ish" flat panel (touch screen) in the dash and relocating the a/c controls

I have a 81 elco with corvette motor/suspension, lots of work in it so farm trying to get it running, then will move on towards, the interior mods.... car will be a daily-driven show stopper, my own thread and links to follow within the next few weeks
thought i would wake up my old, prob first post from nearly two years ago, cause it took me this long to start working on one of my el co.s lol.. anyhow, got around to doing what i set out to do and started my thread...

81 elco gone, 87 and 84 here now... anyhow, hope everyone is doing well...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
sold my beloved el camino !! super bummed about it !! i have an 84 monte carlo with the euro front end. its beend dropped from the DMV system. so i hope the re-register anit that much !!

Let's all have a moment of silence for a mint El-Camino dash thas has died a slow death hopefully the cut a hole bolt in sunroof will not be next to come...............:poke::poke::poke::dontknow:

While I wouldn't cover an ac vent in Fla, particularly my custom vents, I,ve seen other people in the cal region doing the same thing.

I haven't worked twoards completing my console in like 5 years, but the plan was to put a back up screen in the flip & slide back wood cover I started on. This would be a more ideal location , especially for someone building their own custom console.

Now I,m considering a grab bar on the right side of the console & figuring where I could put 3 air gauges for airride.

Video screen in an Elky is a great topic for forums. I do understand the poor radio location on the 5th gen. I like the idea of a grab bar next to the touch screen. That is a compromise between performance and luxury.

some of the opinions voiced here were also voiced by the flathead people when the OHV engines were first introduced.

just sayin

:dontknow:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.