El Camino Central Forum banner

I found my engine build sheet!

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  1980SteelBeast 
G
#1 ·
My computer crashed and burned several months ago and I lost all the stuff I saved but I saved most of it to a flash drive.
Here's my engine build specs from Kim Barr Racing Engines in Garland Tx.

Targetmaster Block
GM 441 heads-76cc chambers,2.05/1.60 in valves ported
Comp Cams 292,244/244*@0.050 in. 501 in. lift
Professional Products Dual Plane Typhoon intake
Holley 750 Double Pumper

Max HP:455+@5700 rpm Max Torque: 460+@5300 rpm

Comp Ratio: 10:1

This is info straight off the sheet that was supplied with the engine.
I want to swap out my heads soon though.:secret:

The Holley has been swapped to a built 750 Qjet and the distributor is now a Davis Unified Ignition H.E.I.:beer:

See less See more
#2 ·
luckyyyy.

i wish i kept mine, i was in such a hurry to build mine i didnt save any of the info after the build. i remember the important stuff, but i dont remember the cam specs, or what the comression turned out being exactly...

i do remember it was around 350hp on just the motor and with the size jets something around 450 on the juice at sea level. not too bad for a 18 mpg small block that id trust to drive from the west coast to the east coast right now.

Time for the dino! all the horsepower in the world doesent matter if you aint getting it to the wheels. thats the only numbers im really worried about anymore anyway

Good looking motor by the way. i like the color on those mickey thompson covers

G
#3 ·
luckyyyy.

Time for the dino! all the horsepower in the world doesent matter if you aint getting it to the wheels. thats the only numbers im really worried about anymore anyway

Good looking motor by the way. i like the color on those mickey thompson covers

Thanks,but I cant put it all to the ground just yet since I havent got around to getting a posi but it can move a bit.
Those are custom painted MT covers..

#4 ·
they look good, i did the same thing on the same covers (only on a big block lol) in black paint. as soon as photobucket quits being a sissy with their site maintenence ill post a pic.

G
#5 ·
Post pics. For some reason,MT's seem to get more respect than other valve covers at shows for some unknown reason. People ask me about those more than my crappy air cleaner I need to remove.
I forgot to put that this engine has Keith Black pistons pistons.

#7 ·

God i miss having a big block in my elkie.

#10 ·
I was gonna say they are getting rare, but it seems everyone here has them.:dontknow:

The new style say "Holley M/T" instead of just M/T.

Thats what is on the 396 in Misty also. No Paint though.

Signed, An Elky Friend.:beer:

#14 ·
Very nice engine build. Question about the pic that Zach01s posted. Is that a pcv valve in the top of a breather? Is that an item you can buy or was that someones solution to a problem? I realized that my new valve covers have no provision for a pcv valve and I'm kind of worried about running without one after reading what the reason is for having them.

#16 ·
I bought a set of chrome covers that say "EL CAMINO" on them. Also, have had a set of MT's for about 4 years to put on the '56, but just never got to it.:twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.