El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '65 I am removing the stock ignition switch, in its place will be a keyed on/off swtich, a lighted on off button switch for the ignition( I have a relay for the button switch, and a momentary toggle switch to use for the starter!
I want to be able to turn the key to unlock the power, use the button switch to power/ kill the ignition , and the toggle to light her up!
I have pink, red, brown, and purple wires to going to the stock igniton switch plug!
I would also like to the radio to work when the key is turned was well as when the button is pushed for igniton!
How do I wire this without a big roaring flame? :help:

Oh and just one more, Im also installing a new radio and have yellow and tan plugged wire coming out of the harness that says they go to the radio! Since the I dont have a plug with the new radio, what should I use and not use to power it? :confused2:

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
:dontknow:Sorry, its one of those things you just gata see in person, bet some one here can tell you what wires to use :nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
Brown is Accessory. Hot in ACC and in the on position. Purple is the starter solenoid to tell it to crank in the start position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts