El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,782 Posts
Do yo really get slower acceleration ? I havent payed attention, i am in your shoes too Donny, i got an hei dizzy, but debating on gettin a carb, but i get 10/11 mpg on a light foot, 9 mpg everyday driving. Last week i had my MPG down to 5.4 mpg, i was really a lead foot:nanawrench:

· Registered
2,782 Posts
yeah with an open:poke:. I think i got an open or broken LSD that mostly spins the right wheel, a TH350/350, if it hit the gas it will spin and spin and spin until i take my foot off of the accelerator. not much difference, he can just put it in drive and when he romps on it he can get a squeel i am sure of it. especially with an open if that is what Donny has. My buddys 2001 Ranger 3.0 145hp can do a tiny squeel with one wheel.

· Registered
2,782 Posts
you got a 305 and you get chips in 3rd?? NICE MAN!!!

I got 2.41 open i think and TH350 and i have heard a chirp in second only. 2.41's are kinda terrible but i can lay rubber like no other! do the peel outs get better with bigger gears? like if i upgraded to a 3.73 or 4.11 would i be able to peel out longer? cause i can already do easily 20 foot peel outs at 3,200rpms. i need posi lol! cause on everyday driving the tires spin (tire) lol!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.