El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,102 Posts
depending on the original set up on your original carb some will run fine but not as efficient as possible.if you have one that was set up on the lean side it may run ok ,but if it was set on the rich side and then disconnected it will run too rich. i put a 84 elco 305 in my wifes 78 nove carb and dist. with no computer and it ran great with poor fuel milage as the only complaint. about 12/14 mpg. when i replaced the carb and dist with non computer ones it ran about the same but milage went to 19 mpg. when the electric carbs are disconnectee the fuel solenoid goes full rich.because they dont have a vacuum operated power piston like a mechanical card does and its default position is full rich. you deside on how you want your car to run and how effieciently it runs

· Registered
2,102 Posts
you can build a scary fast 305,come on boys and girls its a small block chevy. you rebuild it with flat top pistons and a good cam and they make well over 200 hp and will burn all the rubber you want as long as the rest of the drive train is set up correctly. they use the same crank as a 350 so the torque is there if built right. the 305 in my wifes 96 truck is 220 hp and will burn the tires at a drop of the throttle and get 19 mpg pulling a 6000 lb trailer with ease.so dont sell the 350 s little brother too short. you just have to build them right and will run and give you great milage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.