El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Looks close to mine already. looks classy. what do you think?

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
It's going to look pretty awesome! What have you decided about the wheels? Can't wait to see pics of the new paint!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I think that looks awesome. :bigups: It's hard to tell but it looks like it is almost a Merlot.

I have always liked these deep, rich reds.

Copper

·
Registered
558 Posts
Color looks awesome. What size rims are those? Just curious that's my net big dollar purchase for my car. I've go the stock 14's on it now.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's going to look pretty awesome! What have you decided about the wheels? Can't wait to see pics of the new paint!! :beer:
What do you think? I know it's my decision .

Color is black cherry metallic from 2007 Lexus or I'm going with Darbysan's Mike's
Wicked Ruby Red I my flip a coin I like them both.:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench: We have those every car dealer's in one location so I'm going tomorrow just to see all the different colors on the lot's. I'm not good unless Ii see it.
:beer::beer::beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just chose a color similar to that. It should 'pop' in the sun light.

Good luck.

It's going to come out perfect I know the painter.
Thanks
Robert

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Terry did you see my thread video of the Hell Camino
' On the door jam's they air brushed demons on each one I wonder if I should add those too.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Color looks awesome. What size rims are those? Just curious that's my net big dollar purchase for my car. I've go the stock 14's on it now.

18x8 245/70zr18 only rub is if you crank the wheel as far as it goes otherwise nothing front or rear but I want to put 15x7 on for a better ride and put the Iroc's away for shows . I had a electrician come over the counter and said he knew where there was a brand new set of 16 inch IRoc's in the factory boxes for $250.00 but he was taking them HE FOUND THEM ON SOME SORT OF LIST. He told me but I never heard of it and if I say it here and somebody knows what I'm talking about before I fine it they will be gone for sure:dontknow:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Terry did you see my thread video of the Hell Camino
' On the door jam's they air brushed demons on each one I wonder if I should add those too.

Is that the guy who's doing your paint?! I noticed in the video he mentioned Oregon, but maybe you've got great "connections".
OMG! I would KILL for a paint job like that!
I LOVE the detail he did on EVERYTHING--the eyes on the demon on the hood look like human eyes-scary human eyes!
You should absolutely do something personal on the door jams like that! Something like a bad azz fish thrashing around on the end of a fishing line would be so cool on yours!
Now I'm going to be looking for a skull mask to display in Carlos while at shows-I liked that, too.
Can't wait to see how yours turns out after the new paint! :beer:
PS-I like both wheels but I think the ones on the top would look fantastic with your new paint.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I still need to hook up my latest Skull-I'm going to hook it up as a 3rd brake light! I need that mask just for fun!

Ask the Triple "D" he's into skulls he even has ones that light up on his speakers I think. I don't think a fish would work here by East L.A.:poke:

Here's a couple other trucks my guy Hector painted. Father and son's trucks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Similar to the Porsche Ruby Red on my 79..
Love the way they seem to change color at the onset of darkness.

You've made a great choice...
How many clear coats ??

IMO I'd avoid wheels larger then 17"
Big rims just look out of place on vintage vehicles

Arnie in Seoul Korea (at the moment)

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Nice choice. Silver pinstriping would go well with it. Black interior?:dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Nice choice. Silver pinstriping would go well with it. Black interior?:dontknow:

Interior is tan and I'm looking at 15 inch rims. There's what the interior looks like and the pin stripe will be a lite lite gold like now two rows ending in a point. Paint my be Black Cherry Pear or Black Cherry (Bordeaux) Metallic 2007 LEXUS
I
I'm going to hit the auto square all the dealers on the same street and make my decision before I drop it off Monday morning. How many coats of clear do you guys recommend? Id rather pay more now than doing it again for the third time. I screwed up the first one on the hood but most of the rest still looks really clean but you have to do it all or nothing to make it right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts