HERE ARE THE CODES AS TAKEN FROM THE PLATE UNDER THE HOOD ON THE PASS SIDE

ST73 1AD80 B 125939 BDY
TR 704 AN7 19 D PNT
11D70 0335

IF YOU CAN HELP, I WILL PUT YOU IN MY WILL:nanawrench:

·
Registered
439 Posts
This is the body trim plate. It contains information pertaining the the body only like for use with paint and trim shops etc. It does not include any options.

ST73 1AD80 B 125939 BDY
ST is short for STyle
73 - 1973
1AD80 - Chevrolet El Camino Custom Delivery Pickup

B - Baltimore GMAD plant code
125939 - Body serial number
BDY - short for BoDY

TR 704 AN7 19 D PNT
TR is short for TRim
704 - Black vinyl interior trim
AN7 - RPO seat code for Swivel Bucket Seats

19 - Paint color code for Tuxedo Black
D - Vinyl top color code for Medium Blue (you sure its not B for Black?)

11D70 0335
11D - Production Date, month and week started
11 - November
D - 4th week of the month for the start of the body build. Note-It takes 2-4 days for a vehicle to process through the plants build cycle.

70 0335 - Reference numbers related back to the plants broadcasting system. Placed on the trim tag for use by the plants workers in identifying this body. Mostly by workers in the body bank which was a large staging area for the final assembly line. The bodies were built in other areas of the plant and the end of the body line fabrication ended in a body bank. There they chose vehicles to release to the final assembly line based of work rules so as to balance work loads on the line. So to not overload certain operations with to many many higher optioned cars in row, they balanced the work load so the line worked smoothly or as smooth as possible.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that breakdown brother. It is very useful to help me understand more about my 73.
Have a great Christmas.:You_Rock:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,676 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts