El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a bit of aggravating news this morning. i've not got the title work on my el camino done yet because i've been busy with everything else. managed to get ahold of a couple notaries in town to inquire about it. apparently, in virginia, all you need is a bill of sale and the title from the previous owner. this is not the case in pennsylvania. here, they need the title to be signed by buyer and seller and stamped by a notary. it's acceptible if it's done from another state, but it needs done. so, i need to get ahold of the previous owner and see if he's still in contact with the original owner, since they never got the title transferred to begin with. this is quite the headache and i really hope i can get it resolved as quickly as possible.

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Tell me about it. The hoops I had to go through to get the car from Minnesota via Texas to Holland, via France into Switzerland, get it insured so I could actually drive it, avoid the intermediate countries' tax authorities to want their slice of the cake, now getting it titled in a country where a spec of rust is considered one of the seven sins, I've had my share. Still, these kinds of headaches are quickly forgotten once the paperwork is sorted out, so hang in there, it'l straighten itself out in the end.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the first i've had to deal with this, bill. truth be told, i'm completely lost. i've never bought a vehicle out of state before. and i'd never buy something this old from this area, living in the heart of the "rust belt" and all. i bought a 1986 buick regal t-type from a guy here once that looked and ran amazingly, but found out after the purchase that the rear frame rails were completely shot. since then, i go over the frame with a fine tooth comb before buying it. i even had the seller of this vehicle promise to refund the down payment if i didn't like the frame. hopefully, i'll hear from him tomorrow and we can set up a time to get this title work taken care of in the near future. if he can't do it, i may have to mail the address on the title and take an even longer drive (the guy i bought the elkie from was a 14 hour round trip)to get it done. i know it'll all be worth it in the end, but damn, this is aggravating.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of state titles can be a real pain too!!!:let_it_all_out:
Donny
it's not a pain to get a title transferred to pennsylvania from another state, it's just a very long process. maybe, once i get all this sorted out, i'll be able to actually drive my elkie in about 5 years lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Don't forget you they mail the new title to the address on your DL, even though its done there on the spot, it must be mailed. Now that i think about it, when i bought my 66 my address wasnt correct, because i had just moved to Hawaii, so its in my dads name.... need to change that LOL :???:

but i know when my when my old man bought his 68 camaro, the old owner was no ware to be found he went to city hall and did some paper work and via la :dontknow:. I guess its all who you know.:beer:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Could you sell it to DDD for 1$ then he sells it back. Does a title coming from out of state have the same requirements?

·
ZERO MPG
15,379 Posts
Send it here to L.A i will sign it and have the notary at my bank stamp it or my business accountant I think he has a seal. I've known them for thirty years. Shouldn't make a difference where it's notarized nobody will know the difference.:secret::secret::secret:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget you they mail the new title to the address on your DL, even though its done there on the spot, it must be mailed. Now that i think about it, when i bought my 66 my address wasnt correct, because i had just moved to Hawaii, so its in my dads name.... need to change that LOL :???:

but i know when my when my old man bought his 68 camaro, the old owner was no ware to be found he went to city hall and did some paper work and via la :dontknow:. I guess its all who you know.:beer:
mybe doing the paperwork at city hall is the way to go. any way you can get ahold of your dad and find out how he went about it? pm me the info if you can. any help is definitely appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts