El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I can explain this in a way that makes sense, so here I go.
The last few weeks I have had problems with my starter not turning over the first time. Yesterday my car will not start, it's not the starter itself because, when I put my key in the ignition it turns with no resistance at all. that sounded like a bad key cylinder so I bought a new one, I finally got the new one installed and I still have the same problem and engine still will not start. I can not figure this out on my own Please Help this is my only vehicle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I have tilt wheel, and a universal push button starter my problem is that my transmission is somehow linked to the ignition and I can not get my car in gear without the switch working

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"steely" yes it was that way before. "goodcruiser" My starter is fine as I can start my car with the push button starter that I already have. "(if the switch slides without feeling the detentes in the switch the switch is probably bad)" This is exactly what I intended to say when I said when "I put my key in the ignition it turns with no resistance" that is to say I don't feel any of the detentes

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the problem here's some pix
That small silver piece broke off at the end is there any way to buy a new one?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah smarter in the fact that I now know GM DID NOT design the column Chrysler did..... Explains why it failed. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.