El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost TWO long months of not being able to find the right brake booster for Carlos, and NOT being able to drive it, a brand spankin' new brake booster and master cylinder is being put on Carlos this very minute!
I'll be driving it again within the hour, and the best part is I'll be able to STOP like normal!
Look out Waco...I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!! :poke:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Good news Terry.
I thought I heard a Mouse squeak.:nanawrench:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news Terry.
I thought I heard a Mouse squeak.:nanawrench:
Smart azz! :poke: My little mouse is going to be tearing the streets of Waco up today. I feel the need to make up for lost time! I haven't been able to drive it since on the way to the track at Belton-when my brake booster croaked out on me, so I'm more than ready to hear/feel my little squeaky mouse ROAR a little today!!
Have a great weekend! :beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
just when you thought it was safe to go outside again!

happy for ya Terry! :inlove:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a blast! I'd almost forgotten how much I LOVE driving my Elky! :inlove:

:inlove: I'm so happy to finally be driving it again! :inlove:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...AAwwww,Yes,the great feeling of being back on the road again..Make ya all warm and tingling inside.:inlove:
:beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...AAwwww,Yes,the great feeling of being back on the road again..Make ya all warm and tingling inside.:inlove:
Well, I wasn't going to put it THAT way, but since YOU DID, okay, we'll go with that!! :poke:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hey Terry it is grat you got it fixed. Just wish you could of gotten it last week, then you could have drove up to the show at House of Hot Rods Sat.:texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This is the rarest of rare power brake boosters w/ master cylinder part # 50-1170. THIS is what could NOT be made "available" to me even by ordering online! :dontknow:

Thank's to O'Reilly's being able to find one for me at one of their stores in Dallas, I now can stop on a dime again!

Now time to make up for lost time! Almost 2 months of not being able to drive Carlos! I'm outta here!!

·
6,292 Posts
...I just hope that they did sell ya a new one,because,I think on new boosters wouldn't have left over brake oil residue......:dontknow:

...I'm thinking,Remanufacture brake booster,and I hope I'm wrong..
...:beer:

Attachments

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this something that I need to be concerned about since it's a remanned one?
It's working great, and I've bought other parts that were remanned as well, and haven't had any issues. I don't want to have to be worrying about this thing going to crap anytime soon since it took so long to finally get it.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
After almost TWO long months of not being able to find the right brake booster for Carlos, and NOT being able to drive it, a brand spankin' new brake booster and master cylinder is being put on Carlos this very minute!
I'll be driving it again within the hour, and the best part is I'll be able to STOP like normal!
Look out Waco...I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!! :poke:
I wish i could be with you I'm going out too for a test drive. I went to the store and it ran great but I'm sure it's not dialed in yet to perfection but I'm giving it a try before i take it in . I'm not the one to be fooling with the carb. screws.
I will be with you all the way. You go girl.:texas::texas::texas::texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish i could be with you I'm going out too for a test drive. I went to the store and it ran great but I'm sure it's not dialed in yet to perfection but I'm giving it a try before i take it in . I'm not the one to be fooling with the carb. screws.
I will be with you all the way. You go girl.:texas::texas::texas::texas:
Thanks Robert! Carlos is stopping like a new one now. Tomorrow I'm taking it in to have some adjustments made to my carb and kick down cable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you get yours all tweaked to perfection!!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Thanks Robert! Carlos is stopping like a new one now. Tomorrow I'm taking it in to have some adjustments made to my carb and kick down cable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you get yours all tweaked to perfection!!
I went for a short drive and all of a sudden it was dark. The truck had no hesitation when pushing on the gas the temp. is perfect. It's going to be a lot of fun. To me it doesn't need any more twicking but i probably will take it in and have them put it on the machine to do the fine tuning. As of know I'm ready for the trip to Pismo. with the other members with no worry of breaking down. It even starts on the first crank.:beer::nanawrench::texas::smileyb::yell::inlove:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So happy for you! You must be feeling pretty proud of yourself! (You should be!)
Is there much of a noticeable difference in pep between your old 305 and the new 350?
Have fun with it!! :beer:

·
6,292 Posts
Is this something that I need to be concerned about since it's a remanned one?
It's working great, and I've bought other parts that were remanned as well, and haven't had any issues. I don't want to have to be worrying about this thing going to crap anytime soon since it took so long to finally get it.
..I don't think so,I was just wondering if you got a "New" or "Rebuilt"..:beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts