El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted: well hello to everyone in this forum. My name is kenneth and just found this great site. I was up all night they other night looking for an elcamino only forum, this is great. I have a 79 gmc caballero with a mildly built 350 with a 600cfm edelbrock carb(had a 750holley but gas cost way to much), a th350 transmission with a 2200 stall, stock rearend(for now) and I am going to get headers and new exhaust in a few weeks. Just bought the car about two months ago with the stock 267 4.4 and th200 and after the new motor and trans funds kinda ran out.... I will try to get some picks up in the next few days (need new batterys in the camera). looking to do the interior over the summer. well I talk to you guys later. And once again great site (just wish that some of the other features were up and running)....... :twisted:

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey good to see you join. I found this site not too long ago myself. Hey if you are going to get headers and new exhaust, check this site out its www.crossmembers.com. whenever i put headers and new exhaust on my el cam i ran into problems with my crossmember. I found this site way too late, but maybe you can use it to your advantage and save headaches with a crappy looking exhaust like I have right now. Good luck
-Yoshi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight but I have already ran into this aswell...the person I bought the caballero from had put duals on it and since the driver's side of the crossmember didn't have the dip in it to clear the pipe it is smashed almost closed... When I put the new motor and transmission in I luckily had a friend with the foresight to remind me of this. He has a huge shop at his house with a tubing bender and I kinked the crossmember a little...I don't know if it is going to work but if not I will order a new one or fab one or something......Thanks for looking out for another elky owner. :twisted:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Re: I'm a newbie in this area, "but this ain't my first

jiffyken said:
:twistedI was up all night they other night looking for an elcamino only forum, this is great. :twisted:
First off welcome! I guess I'll have to spend some time tomorrow registering what's become home to me on all the search engines!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts