El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
1st Welcome from Oklahoma, when I was a police officer we had a card (don't know if they still have them) that when you put it on the inside and depending on how much tint was there it gave the % you could see through the window. Haven't seen them since I quit 15 yrs ago. You may be able to check with the local cop shop and see if they have them. or in a inconspicuous place on the inside of the window scrape a spot and see if anything comes off. Usually tint is on the inside and will peel off.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
Are you talking about the factory tint ?? The RPO codes for that is A01 is all windows &
A02 is the windshield !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Skip, Wlecome aboard from South Carolina ! :yell: Window tint can't be found in the vin #, but on the option ID tag on the inner glove box door ('84 model should have it stuck there). It'll show if the windows were factory tinted under the codes, I have the Camino ID book explaining the codes if you need. Easier way is to visit a car Window Tint merchant in your area, they have the tint color cards that Randy from OK. was talking about. Hit us up if ya' need more help. - George

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys guys i figured it out from some of the posts , when it has air the windows will have etched in them soft ray. MIne are tinted. It's a very light tint pale green.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the tree fell on it it blew out winshield ,rear, & drivers side window plus bent drivers side post .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I realize I can order glass online & thats what I may do , but I found a yard that will sell the cab . Were negotiating .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts