El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been seeing a lot of new Calif. members and maybe it's time to start getting together more often in our towns. Lets introduce our self's and show our rides .
I'm Robert and I live in commerce Ca. next to Los Angeles. I'm in the electrical sales field and own a 1987 EL CAMINO that I purchased new in 1988 and still loving it. If there's anybody in my area that would like to get together let me know. There is a weekly car show Friday nights at Ruby's in Whittier I go to and would like to meet you there or anytime I'm always ava. to meet except this week my truck is being re-painted. There's my ride .:beer:
Robert

CLICK ON PICTURE

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'll play.

Eric - San Diego - the '66 below is my first El Camino which I purchased back in february from a Marine who had just returned from Afghanistan to find a new baby at home :)

Already done a fair amount to it, but it will be continuing this month with the installation of a new motor.

I can usually be found attending Cruising grand in Escondido, CA.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..Hi there,I'm "Gilby", I live in a small town called Upper Lake in Lake County. I bought my 74 elky back in "00" for $800.so far over the years,its still going,this is my daily driver also...

...yeah,thats the wife,running off in my Elky...:beer:

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also don't forget our get together at Pismo beach at the end of july it's all set up for all members. I will bring this.

sorry sharp I had to do it I'm sorry!!!!!!!!:poke::poke::poke:

We are not a bunch of drunks this was just a joke!!!!!!!!!

·
6,292 Posts
...awwww,yes,Red Tail Ale..:beer:

·
6,292 Posts
Check out that smile on her face like she just got away with something.:secret:
...she get that way each time she drives it,now she wants to take it to work...sure,why not, she got the bug,she don't want to amit it,And in reallitly,she a closet gearhead and I've been trying to get her out for the past 7years..:dontknow:..Maby Texaselcamino can give her some advice...:poke:
:beer:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I recently purchased this 83 Conquista from a 'little old lady'. Really! She's an 84 year old great grandmother whom the state of California will no longer license to drive. It came with records that document it's 82K miles as original. It sat for a while and just needs a little TLC before I make it my daily driver.

·
Registered
388 Posts
^^^Forgot to mention that I'm Steve from San Bernardino.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I recently purchased this 83 Conquista from a 'little old lady'. Really! She's an 84 year old great grandmother whom the state of California will no longer license to drive. It came with records that document it's 82K miles as original. It sat for a while and just needs a little TLC before I make it my daily driver.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2w71ggh.jpg

It's probably never been on the freeway. My grandmother had a galaxy new for years and it only made right turns and never left Garden Grove. My sister got it way back it was in mint condition.:secret:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 84 conquista that need a paint job BAAAAADLY!........will try to find pictures later......Im from Bakersfield now, just move here from Lake Isabella......was getting to be a long trip to drs offices...

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Robert,

Way to go. You've got a few new members making a buzz in So-Cal and Central Cal. Keep smacking those keyboards and lets see some of you guys in Pismo this Year. That is only weeks away at this point. P.S. Keep one of those Red Tails cold for me.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Robert,

Way to go. You've got a few new members making a buzz in So-Cal and Central Cal. Keep smacking those keyboards and lets see some of you guys in Pismo this Year. That is only weeks away at this point. P.S. Keep one of those Red Tails cold for me.
There's a lot of new one's seems like every day someone from Ca. is joining. I met Rich(Richp87elco) last weekend for the first time and he's going to help me install my new motor.:nanawrench: Just dropped the truck off for a redo on the paint they didn't do good enough job so Hector is going to scuff it put down two more coats of paint and clear. For the LOTTO someone keeps hitting it before we get to the magical $200M to run our ticket but all we have is time.
SEE YEA AT PISMO :sly:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool!!!.....

I'm Ralph, I live in Chula Vista CA, I work in the carpet cleanin' business for now....
I bought a 1982 Caballero at auction for $1500 in 2004

Lend it to a family member in late 2006, got it back in Dec 2011.....:crazy:

Getting it back to shape for my 3 year old son to use when he has the age for it (got a lot of time to get it fix :shock:).... is not easy but lots of fun :nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump

·
Site Contributor Participating Member
561 Posts
2nd owner of a white 1986. original 305 with O/D.
located in central San Joaquin Valley - Clovis :smileyb:

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm RTT and I live near San Bernardino. I have a 1984 ELKY. Just did a new 350 motor but cam was too radical. It's going back in this week to swap to a milder cam to get brake vacuum and decent idle back and going from 2.41 rear gear to a 3.08 posi. I plan to be in Pismo!
RTT:nanawrench:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts