El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden I'm running rough checked all vacuum line ten times visually and spark plug wires with an ohm meter and I'm stumped so I bought a vacuum gage at Harbor City my new junk store:poke: Watched you tube but not sure what the gage is telling me except something is wrong. Can you take a look and let ne know what you see? also a picture of the longest plug on the ohm meter. The ohm's went down the shorter the plug so I think their o.k. Just about everything has been replaced even sensors in the last year except the complete dist. carb. has been rebuilt plug wires , plugs, dist. cap. rotor, coil. sensor plugged into dist. and on and on have been replaced. Here's the video .
Thanks
Robert

Click on picture. The raddling is my pvc valve

·
0 Posts
I don't think the PVC valve is supposed to rattle. Have you checked to see if the line to the PCV became disconnected from the carb?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the PVC valve is supposed to rattle. Have you checked to see if the line to the PCV became disconnected from the carb?
BEEN THERE DONE THAT BUT I WILL REPLACE IT.

Are you back already from belton?

·
0 Posts
BEEN THERE DONE THAT BUT I WILL REPLACE IT.

Are you back already from belton?
Yea,got back this morning around 1am. I'll be posting a video in The Belton Vlog thread tomorrow.
Also,have you checked the line from the vacuum advance?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea,got back this morning around 1am. I'll be posting a video in The Belton Vlog thread tomorrow.
Also,have you checked the line from the vacuum advance?
I checked all even jacked up the front and looked all under took off the wheels to see if I missed anything. I don't have a timing mark on my motor either. It would be on the drivers side of the motor correct. It's not held on by the water pump is it because that was replaced by someone else. Also cleaned all the crap but still nothing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
timing mark could be in the middle also on 80s smallblock,(at 12:00)

what was wrong with the vac, idling at almost 15, wish mine would pull over 11. could you have gotten bad gas? don't know about where you are at, but we've had a lot of bad gas around here lately(cars don't wanna run, missing, ect)

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
timing mark could be in the middle also on 80s smallblock,(at 12:00)

what was wrong with the vac, idling at almost 15, wish mine would pull over 11. could you have gotten bad gas? don't know about where you are at, but we've had a lot of bad gas around here lately(cars don't wanna run, missing, ect)
I'm in L.A. when I fill up it's at Chevron/Mobil/Shell but all the gas comes from the same refineries down here. The needle is flickering so it shows timing but all of a sudden my idle is at 560 before it was at 800 and I didn't adjust or replace anything. But I could have a short my rpm started reading zero them push on the gas and it starts working and just now my speed mph isn't working but all other gages are showing fine. this is a Dakota Digital instrument panel.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: next I will check those connections.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O.K. I found out my dist. bolt was loose so I probably turned it some how. I ajd. it to 19 on the vacuum but iI don't know is that to high and the needle is still twitching a little. Take a look at my new video and see what you think please.
Robert

Click on picture

·
0 Posts
So the dizzy was loose? Mine is a little loose but that's because I leave it like that so I can turn it by hand when needed, but I never knew that could be a problem since I never had an issue with mine. It seems to be running perfect now,but have you taken it out to put it at full throttle to see if it stumbles?
You know you're teasing me with those Irocs! I always loved how in Cali they put em on almost all Chevy's! It's more big rapper rims around here which I'm never a fan of since I think nothing bigger than 18's should go on a classic.
Did you order the same size or smaller?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So the dizzy was loose? Mine is a little loose but that's because I leave it like that so I can turn it by hand when needed, but I never knew that could be a problem since I never had an issue with mine. It seems to be running perfect now,but have you taken it out to put it at full throttle to see if it stumbles?
You know you're teasing me with those Irocs! I always loved how in Cali they put em on almost all Chevy's! It's more big rapper rims around here which I'm never a fan of since I think nothing bigger than 18's should go on a classic.
Did you order the same size or smaller?

It runs perfect I had it set to high at first but now it runs great at idle and punch'n it no stumble what so ever. Every wheel place here starts at 20's that's the problem trying to see something I like and using the books or online I'm not good at visualizing what they would look like on my truck so Iroc's it is . No time to mess around the tires are bald truck has to go this week for painting my motor will be here today got to get that home and on the stand. Once I get the truck back then I can do what ever.

My gas gage didn't work for a year it was pegged at 99 and only would change when I was almost out of gas. After two tanks it's been working fine something broke loose. Hope it holds till someone here finds one that just drops in without bending the rod.
Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts