El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up a 454 with a 400 tranny today. It came out of a motor home with 85,000 miles on it. They don't look like much but I got hopes!!

They been sitting for a couple of months but just removed from the RV this week.

Alot of stuff to remove and clean up.
Lets see, I had a good looking motor that was bad now I hope I got a bad looking motor that is good!!!
Everyone cross their fingers for me!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The RV motors tend to be pretty tame, but that doesn't mean they can't do a good job. The 454 in my '95 Safari Trek has 100,000 miles on it, but it runs like a top. I wouldn't be afraid to put it in a hot rod, even with some modifications.

What year was the RV that it came out of?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Nice score Donny! Looked up some specs on it and the HP is rated at about 350-375 hp, and found 2 different answers on torque: 425ft lbs, and 450 ft. Lbs....dont know which one is correct. Deffinately an " ol' warn out truck motor" aint it! You could pull a tractor-trailer with that:poke:

Slap some headers on, better intake, and lets see what that does! Already got a huge came in it

What did ya steal it for?

·
933 Posts
Leogex: i saw that too, that was in the truck motor...
I wasn't sure if the 230 rating was for all carburated models or just the truck blocks , I know the efi models were higher rated but without block or suffix numbers it is hard to tell what it really is , I figured you might have more knowledge about which block it was so I edited my post.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.