El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know hoe many of the last generation El Camino/Cabelleros were built with 4 speeds? I had one of these about 18-19 years ago, and just found the build sheet for it in my files.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Mark

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Hi Mark,
Welcome to ECC/NECOA.
Unlike the Corvette statistics, this level of statistics was never captured or never released by GM for the El Camino and GMC Sprint/Caballero sales years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the welcome, and the reply. I didn't know what Chevrolets record keeping was in this time frame, being more familiar with the lack of production break down on the sixties stuff.
Any educated guesses on this car (truck?). It had every option possible in my recollection, if there is someone who is into build sheets of these things, I can provide a copy.

Mark

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Dan Carr, who ownes three fairly rare, restored, El Caminos and GMC Sprints has done some production figures with options included for the 1968-1972 Chevelle, El Camino and 70-72 Sprints.
Here's a link to Dan Carr's El Camino and Sprint data:

http://www.chevelles.com/elcamino/index.html

I know of no one who has researched 5th generation El Camino production option (RPO) totals. Generally, even less research is available for the GMC Caballero.

There are a number of us on this board who can break down El Camino and Caballero VINs and "build sheets".

It has previously been stated on this board that 5th generation 4-speed equipped El Caminos were considered rare. That is likely to be even more so in the smaller production numbers of the GMC Caballero.

I'd be afraid to venture a guess as to the percentage of 5th generation El Caminos and the GMC Caballeros that were produced with 4-speed transmissions.

Good luck with your research. Please keep us posted.
-dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts