El Camino Central Forum banner
201 - 220 of 268 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
My wife read up on the an6 fuel line for me. She gave me information that that line can't be clamped down, so l'm going to clamp a different rubber fuel line on the fuel filter and put plastic threaded couplers, so I can thread the coupler to the filter.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I tried looking the filter up online, I can't find it. What comes up is Holley Atomic filters with different part numbers. The number is PDF30671.

·
Registered
1964 camino, 350 Vortec, 700r4
349 Posts
Thank both of you better now. I'll put it up front where I have one now that I'm using now. That's a good place, just wanted to get other opinions due the fuel pump being in the tank.
I’ve always found that with metal fuel lines, filter in the rear and with rubber lines, filter up front to catch rubber bits that break off years down the road

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Thank you. I think I'll put it up front, then run the line from it up behind the alternator and connect it to the front of the Sniper EFI.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
I was thinking of running the return off the rear of the Sniper EFI on the passenger side. I plan to use the front of the Sniper EFI on the passenger side. The number 1 port is on the rear of the Sniper EFI on the driver side. Number 2 is the front of the Sniper EFI on the driver side. So I was thinking of using the number 3 port on the front passenger side. I don't know if what I was a good way or not. I planned on running both lines forward and down to stay away from the exhaust and make it easier to use the present fuel line as a return.

·
Registered
1964 camino, 350 Vortec, 700r4
349 Posts
I was thinking of running the return off the rear of the Sniper EFI on the passenger side. I plan to use the front of the Sniper EFI on the passenger side. The number 1 port is on the rear of the Sniper EFI on the driver side. Number 2 is the front of the Sniper EFI on the driver side. So I was thinking of using the number 3 port on the front passenger side. I don't know if what I was a good way or not. I planned on running both lines forward and down to stay away from the exhaust and make it easier to use the present fuel line as a return.
You could always use header wrap or other insulation wrap for the fuel line that’s exposed to the engine compartment. Then you don’t have to worry about exhaust heat at all. My fuel line runs with my header pipe for a foot or so before it goes into my frame. You should be using metal fuel line to and from the sniper for the first bend so the rubber line can’t move where it wants to. Best to only use rubber for the long stretch down the frame.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I appreciate your help. I'll take a look at my situation so I can see what I need to do to make it work. I just have the factory headers on this engine.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
I just put new fuel lines on the lines that connect to the fuel tank sender today. Here's a picture of what it looks like.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper

The closest one connects to the return line on the fuel tank. The other one connects to the fuel tank vent line.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My wife read up on the an6 fuel line for me. She gave me information that that line can't be clamped down, so l'm going to clamp a different rubber fuel line on the fuel filter and put plastic threaded couplers, so I can thread the coupler to the filter.
When using AN lines properly, you shouldn't need to clamp them in order to keep everything in proper place, however you definitely still can if you wanted to. Maybe I missed it but where are you putting a fuel filter? The only one you should need is inside the tank itself.

201 - 220 of 268 Posts