El Camino Central Forum banner
241 - 260 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
1964 camino, 350 Vortec, 700r4
349 Posts
I just got a gasket for the fuel pump block plate and some new bolts. Don't know if the bolts are chrome, but I'll use them to start with. What's the best glue to use on the gasket?
If the area was prepped well, which it looked like it was, it’s not necessary to use sealant. Cars don’t come from the factory with sealant on the gaskets and they run for decades. If you want too, just spread a very thin layer of that gasket maker you have on both sides.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
I started putting the AN6 fuel line on today. I am going to work on it tomorrow and hope to get fittings on the ends and connect them to the the fuel pump sender and the Sniper EFI system.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I’m having some problems with my AN fittings. All my fittings are female and I need male fittings to go to the the Sniper EFI. What did you use to work with this situation?

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Here's a picture of AN6 fuel line connected to the front of the Sniper EFI.
Gas stove Motor vehicle Hood Kitchen appliance Kitchen utensil

I'm a little concerned that the back nut wouldn't tighten up to the the one in front of it . It just couldn't be turned on any more. I had it in a vise, it just wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
1964 camino, 350 Vortec, 700r4
349 Posts
Here's a picture of AN6 fuel line connected to the front of the Sniper EFI. View attachment 150697
I'm a little concerned that the back nut wouldn't tighten up to the the one in front of it . It just couldn't be turned on any more. I had it in a vise, it just wouldn't budge.
I’m not too familiar with AN fittings, but there should not be a gap there. Here’s a video you should watch though.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Here's a picture of AN6 fuel line connected to the front of the Sniper EFI. View attachment 150697
I stated this incorrectly. The hose is in the back nut is as far as it can go. The front nut won’t tighten all the way to center where it should be. In a vise I can’t get it to turn at all. Any ideas on what’s stopping it from going the last 2 threads?

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
I tried to hook it up but the fitting isn't the same size, so I'll have to get a fitting to connect the two up. What's the best metal to hold up with gasoline?

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
I figured out what I did wrong with this connection. When I tightened it up, I couldn't see what was happening. I had it in the vice,and the wrench was connecting with both nuts,so it made me think it was as tight as it could be.
Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Gas

This is what it looks like now after I tightened it with 2 wrenches. I plan to blow out the new line with my air compressor before I hook it back up.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
I'm having problems getting a fitting to fit my AN line and getting bigger for the fuel pump line. I haven't figured out how to measure the fuel tank fitting. I went to 4 auto parts stores and found nothing that will work. I was given a a part to put in my return line, but the fitting on it, is about the same as the fuel pump line. So I'm going to need 2 fittings to get both lines connected.

·
Premium Member
11,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Has anyone used a 6AN male and a 8AN female fitting? I want to use my 6AN line and use this connection to the fuel tank pump line. I only want 1 added connector between my line fuel tank.

241 - 260 of 268 Posts