El Camino Central Forum banner
61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Conquista
753 Posts
this pump style is whats in my 22 gal tank for my LT1. its probably 95% accurate of what yours is... i didnt get it from ebay., but just showing the position of things on the sending/pump combination ..pics very helpful for details

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Do I hook a hose to the bottom of the fuel pump and attach hydra mat to the hose? That would have fuel pump on the shelf and the hydra mat on the tank floor.

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Here's a picture of the Holley fuel pump on the sender.

Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle accessory Vehicle

Does this look correct?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

This is what it looks like with the rubber pump cover on it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Here's a picture of the hydramats I have.
View attachment 149294
Which is the best one to use?
Neither of those are a Hydramat... those are regular fuel filter socks. When you do acquire a hydramat though, yes it is supposed to sit at the bottom of the tank.
You'll notice a Hydramat has small dimples across it's surface and they're also crazy expensive. When I recently went to dual fuel pumps in one of my other cars, each of the Hydramats I used were well over $200 each.
Brown Rectangle Wood Beige Jewellery

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Wow! Thank you. I was told that I was getting a hydramat when it was ordered. I guess better see if I can get one.

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
For my situation, with a fuel tank without baffles, how do I pick the right one for this tank?

·
Registered
1970 Chevy El Camino Restomod
485 Posts
How are you going to run the wires through the sender top?

Reactions: B52bombardier1

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Unless you are consuming crazy amounts of fuel at a high rate, any normal sized fuel mesh filter sock laying on the bottom of the tank should work for you. It certainly does for my sedately-driven 5.3 liter LS motor with an in-tank fuel pump.

And Scott poses an excellent question about feeding the power wires for your fuel pump.

Rick

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Unless you are consuming crazy amounts of fuel at a high rate, any normal sized fuel mesh filter sock laying on the bottom of the tank should work for you. It certainly does for my sedately-driven 5.3 liter LS motor with an in-tank fuel pump.

And Scott poses an excellent question about feeding the power wires for your fuel pump.

Rick
Thank you for your help . so the filter sock I have wI’ll work for normal driving.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Yes, it should work well, no problems. The only other difference that I can see might be that these two types of material might have different filtration capabilities.

Which would not matter to me because I have a Wix inline filter immediately after the pressure regulator assembly. I think this inline filter traps particles and debris down to 100 microns in size. They make 30 micron filters but I saw no need for that.

It all seems to be working well as I approach 10,000 miles since its resurrection.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Here's a picture of the wires coming out of the sender cover.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Bicycle handlebar

The red and black sticking out in the air are the pump wires I need to hook up to the unit.

·
Premium Member
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Here's a picture of the sender wire end.
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

Are there ends that I can get to seal the wire connectors? Or is there a way to cover my wire connectors so it will be a sealed connection?

61 - 80 of 135 Posts