El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a replacement instrument cluster panel for '84 El Camino.. Has large holes at L & R for speedo and clock/tach and 4 small holes for gauges in the center. Mine has two broken mounting ears. Couldn't find at OPGI or El Camino Store or Mike's Montes. Appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
Morozm, unfortunately, the availability of these replacement instrument clusters maybe limited to salvage sources. Because of age, the plastics are very brittle and crack easily. Is the part you seek rectangular in shape, sits inside the clear faceplate, and surrounds the gage? The one in my 87 had missing and broken tabs so I fabricated then glued metal tabs on each side. Hopefully, the front location for your shift indicator plate is still intact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Thanks a heap for the lead. Just ordered (they have 4 in stock).
Now i have another sources for parts.
$29.95 + ship
I had tried gluing some plastic 'ears' in place but now I'll wait for a new box

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a replacement instrument cluster panel for '84 El Camino.. Has large holes at L & R for speedo and clock/tach and 4 small holes for gauges in the center. Mine has two broken mounting ears. Couldn't find at OPGI or El Camino Store or Mike's Montes. Appreciate any help. Thanks
you can get a new one from www.dixierestorationdepot.com great people to work with $110.00 they have them in stock

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow. Thanks a heap for the lead. Just ordered (they have 4 in stock).
Now i have another sources for parts.
$29.95 + ship
I had tried gluing some plastic 'ears' in place but now I'll wait for a new box

Glad to help. Don't rule out members having good used parts....I had a nice gauge blackout but sold it locally recently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts