El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my State Farm agent of 25+ years the other day.
Looks like I can get $20,000 (Declared Value) on the Elky for about $76 every six months.

Only limitation is max of 2000 miles a year which given it's my "Sunday Driver" should not be an issue.

Would be insured under their antique policy program.

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Talked to my State Farm agent of 25+ years the other day.
Looks like I can get $20,000 (Declared Value) on the Elky for about $76 every six months.

Only limitation is max of 2000 miles a year which given it's my "Sunday Driver" should not be an issue.

Would be insured under their antique policy program.

Arnie in Iowa

For comparison ... I have an antique car policy and I cover two cars, one with a declared value of $40,000, the other $10,000, for $235 a year. No mileage or usage limitations other than they can not be a daily driver(s) and must be garage kept.

Check out one of the antique auto insurers like Hagerty or Grundy. I'm sure there are others.

I have a friend that has been very pleased with Grundy. I have Hagerty and I have been very pleased with their service though I can't, thank goodness, speak to their claims service.

Food for thought.

Copper

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I am with Hagerty for about ten years. Stated value of $20K currently for any type of loss, plus higher limits liability policy and their emergency Towing Benefit (flatbed home or to a shop free) for $325.00 per year.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I am with Hagerty for about ten years. Stated value of $20K currently for any type of loss, plus higher limits liability policy and their emergency Towing Benefit (flatbed home or to a shop free) for $325.00 per year.

I have AAA for the towing ... so if you add that in, that adds another $109 a year to the tab. But, that covers all my cars, not just the two with Hagerty.

Car insurance in Florida must be expensive!

Copper

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Copper, it is getting out of hand. My wife pays $1300 per year to State farm for better than average coverage on her 05 Toyota SUV. Rates are high because all these all folks are half blind and drive way too fast. The local rednecks drive $50 pickups and rarely have insurance. As a former police officer from New Jersy I can only say that the disregard for traffic safety and laws is incredible. half the drivers in Florida never use turn signals.
:secret:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Copper, it is getting out of hand. My wife pays $1300 per year to State farm for better than average coverage on her 05 Toyota SUV. Rates are high because all these all folks are half blind and drive way too fast. The local rednecks drive $50 pickups and rarely have insurance. As a former police officer from New Jersy I can only say that the disregard for traffic safety and laws is incredible. half the drivers in Florida never use turn signals.
:secret:

Holy-Moly! That is what I payed on four cars for full coverage! The oldest a 2005 Honda Odyssey. Since my daughter (16 years old) was recently added it jumped up a lot, but still. Ouch ... I feel your pain.

I guess a lot of people relocated from North Carolina to Florida ... this is the "Turn signals are for losers" capital of the country. That, and headlights are only for when the driver can no longer see the road. I hate driving at sunset because the road might look clear to pass but ... In the immortal words of Dirty Harry Callahan ... "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?"

Copper

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I have a collector car policy from policy from AAA which covers my Caminos. It is $167 per year and allows 2500 miles per year. And I am agreement with Lockjaw. When I come to Floriduh I always buy the rental car collision coverage.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I also have a place in Lake Lure, Rutherford County, N.C. Things aren't too much different there when it comes to respect for the MV laws.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have a collector car policy from policy from AAA which covers my Caminos. It is $167 per year and allows 2500 miles per year. And I am agreement with Lockjaw. When I come to Floriduh I always buy the rental car collision coverage.

I saw that $17 a year and I was going to bow down to your greatness. :hail2:

I feel better at $167 a year.

Copper

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Sure is. My little spot of Heaven is on the water in the afternnon shadows of "Chimney Rock". Part of the movie "Dirty dancing" was filmed in my front yard.The property was formerly a boy's camp. They used some of the abandoned camp outbuildings as sets for that flick.
I am trying to sell my Florida home so I can stay there.The market is kaput right now.

·
Supporting Member
4,474 Posts
I grew up in Hendersonville. Nice country.

Back to topic.

For insurance, I have the Hartford, and get Stated value comp/collision of $15K on my Elky for about $150 over the liability, no mileage restrictions. Just tried to get AAA, and they also have stated value, but you have to have 1 daily driver for each driver plus the classic car to qualify. Right now I'm 1 car short.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts