El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Check with Grundy and Hagerty. I have Grundy and when I did the power tour I checked with them because I was going to take the long way home with many friends and family stops after the tour. When i explained to them what I was doing the answer was -" Have a wonderful safe trip, your covered." The mileage is unlimited. Runs me about 300 a year.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Check with Grundy and Hagerty. I have Grundy and when I did the power tour I checked with them because I was going to take the long way home with many friends and family stops after the tour. When i explained to them what I was doing the answer was -" Have a wonderful safe trip, your covered." The mileage is unlimited. Runs me about 300 a year.
X2 Grundy is what I have on Nicks.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
Neil , that coverage sounds great . If you don`t mind me asking , what is the amount of your " agreed valuation " ?

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Thread Moved

I've moved this Thread from the "BS" Forum to the "Site Topics" Forum. This is of general interest, and this move will allow the Thread to refresh to the HOME page each time a comment or suggestion is posted......................Ken

I just re-checked my $55,000.00 agreed value policy with Grundy. The policy value automatically increases 5 percent per year. Right at $400.00 per year - garaged and no mileage limits...............

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Lenny, right now I only have it at 15K

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Two vehicles: '86 Elky and '90 'vette.
I was with Haggerty for two years and my cost was $818/yr.
Now, two years with Grundy and my cost is $313/yr.
Same cars, same coverage, $505 difference.

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
I just did the online quotes for both Grundy Worldwide and Hagerty. Grundy declined to quote because I have no garage; Hagerty accepted a driveway and quoted equal to my Nationwide full coverage. (Note: Hagerty requires a 2nd vehicle for daily driver.) Just an FYI.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
State Farm!

I pay $100.00 a year parked in pole bldg. Same value I think @ $13500.00 said not to worry about mileage but I only drive in nice weather so not an issue for me! But I think it is somewhere around 8K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aig insurance

Hi i use aig from geico have my 1970 nova insuranced for 20g at 151.00 a year just added my elko at value 5g for 19.00 a year

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
to accurately compare prices, yall are going to need a LOT more info..

theres
liability - just covers the other guys car when its your fault
and
collision - covers your car when its your fault
and
comprehensive - fire, theft, flood, hail, windshield, vandalism....

the coverages for each one can vary a huge wild amount
........like from $50k to a Million..... and then there is your deductible.....

theres medical coverages for each one that can vary a lot also,
for you, the other guy, passengers, bystanders too..

other coverages
uninsured, under-insured, towing, storage, rent-a-car, agreed value, road side assist.....

and there is probly many other things to consider, that's just whats at the top of the list..

just thinkin about it makes my head hurt, I wonder if I have coverage for that??
:texas:

·
Registered
28 Posts
State farm SUCKS!! I had an idiot with state farm hit my Sprint Oct13 2018. They finally paid 1/2 of the cost to repair it. On Oct 15 2019! 5500 bucks out of pocket, They would not fix it. They claim it is too old and should be totaled at 2000. If you finally get lucky and talk to someone that understand English, its a good day. J.c. Taylor did pony up the rest, but it cost me my deductible.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
JJ , I get really irritated when people start talking about "The virtues" of their "great" insurance coverage when as you say there is SO much to consider ! Qickest way in the world to get rooked is NOT knowing what you're getting in insurance coverage. "SCootertrash",that wasn't State Farms fault, it was yours for not having the car insured properly.

I have had Grundy for years on many cars,BUT I know what coverage I have and quite happy.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Wayne, I never want to step on toes but scootertrash was hit by a SF insured. SF never want's to pay up unless they're held to the fire. Trust me on that one. Scooter had to use his own insurance and pay a deductible to fix his car correctly because the insured's (SF) insurance refused to step up and cover a classic car. They knew what they were doing though, standard for an insurance co. Scooter's car actually was insured properly and it cost him a deductible to save his ride.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Sorry bout that but why wouldn't his insurance pick it ? If my El gets creamed Grundy will step in first if that is what I want them to do,OR I can let the other guys liability take the hit. If Grundy pays it their going to the other company for re-imbursement. Sorry he had the trouble .

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Don't get me wrong, you are right to have insurance over the standard liability and "normal" policies. My car has been on the same policy as my other rides while I've been sorting it out. Now it's getting time to insure my ElCo with a collector/specialty insurance, just in case some uninsured driver plows into me or worse, theft happens. This discussion has been good, I've never heard of Grundy and will be calling them soon.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Grundy is a very good company . I have a couple of friends thru the years that have had to use their Grundy policy and have always been happy . I've insured with them for about twenty years and will continue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have used Hagerty on two vehicles now a 64 el camino and my current 67.

Named value pics of the car, pics of the car in my garage, and both times is was about 300 bucks a year.

I had to have body work done on the 64 within 6 months of starting coverage and they didnt bat an eye or raise my premiums. I was even able to take it to my body guy of choice without question.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I've had Hagerty for 10 years , was insured for 12K , now 15K , they require your car be parked in a locked garage , used to be 2000 miles per year but I think they raised it up ,I pay 372$ per year. this includes road service & towing 10 miles . I used the tow once . they also require you to own at least one other vehicle .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts