El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
"Google maps satellite view is a lovely way to see that you don't have a garage. "

Interesting, GOOGLE van is locked out of my development. Maybe that is why they needed to come up and take images of the El Camino in the garage.

·
Registered
275 Posts
On the Google Earth subject I did have them block the street view of my home as it showed me pushing a roll-away toolbox in my garage. They fuzzed out the entire house (but left the vehicles).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Lockjaw you brought up a very viable point. I suppose I should kill this topic. I'll just have to figure this out myself. Sucks putting so much time and money into something I really enjoy driving frequently only to have some dumbass wreck into me at some point and have it all taken away.
Agreed, we need to start a new Insurance Company, I know of a lot of other people with the same feeling/problem.:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
758 Posts
We have State Farm and the 85 insured for as a classic/show car for a max of 3000 miles a year.....the upside is that I only have to pay $11 a month for that

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,087 Posts
Insurance fraud and falsifying information on an application is a very serious issue. It may save you a few dollars now but it could cost you in the long run, everything from denial of claims to being banned from purchasing insurance and even being sued for contract fraud.

Friends, neighbors and yes, even post on a forum such as this one, are just some of the places a claims adjuster will check when your policy comes up for a routine check or renewal. Google maps satellite view is a lovely way to see that you don't have a garage. I recommend contacting your insurance carrier and come clean. Worst case is you need to pay more but there won't be any issues with the possibility of being banned from being able to get insurance again.
Totally agree with you, be honest about what you have and how it is being stored.

The only aspect I like about my insurance for the 5 cars I have on my Classic Auto insurance is that I have a "stated" value. For instance, I have around $21k into one of my cars, which is what I have it insured for rather than the $45k it "might" be worth today (14 years post purchase). If I have a claim, at least I will not have lost any of my investment capital, just the "potential" increase since I bought it.

I pay just a little over $300 a year for my classic auto policy and have 5 vehicles insured. I don't have to have a garage, but since I do I know I paying MUCH less than I would if these were not garage kept (and have a security system as well).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Farmers Insurance and Antique Auto tag gets me $60 every 3 months and no emissions and no tag renewal or road tax ever again. I have a lockable brick garage, but that was never brought up nor asked about. Of course that also restricts me to weekends, holidays, functions and maintenance driving.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts