El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1987 SS El Camino
48 Posts
Yes, Hagerty is who I've used for about 5 years now. I have 4 classics insured with them. When I added the last 2 vehicles I decided to get competitive quotes. One of those was from Grundy. They wanted to give me a proctology examine before they would insure my 2 vehicles. I said no thanks. I added those 2 vehicles to my Hagerty policy in less than 5 minutes. They have great customer service and very fair prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hagerty is the one i've had for many years and no complaints with them. Ran out of gas with one of my 55 pick up and called them and had help in 20 minutes. They located me by something like onstar and even asked if i was far enough off the road because it didn't look like my red truck was. High tec stuff and good service,

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone had experience with Hagerty or Heacock Classic Car Insurance?
I have been with Hagerty for about 15 years and am very satisfied. I don't think I could afford the 4 cars currently insured by Hagerty if I had to use standard insurance. I have never had to file a claim but have had to use the road breakdown insurance to be towed home three times without any issue. The defined value amount can be easily changed as your project has more done or to value increases. Check with them to find out what you need and be aware that in some state's vehicle is required to be garaged.

·
Registered
1984 Conquista
768 Posts
here is my experience with my '73 Corona(i'll be short so ur eyes dont glaze over 😆).when i called them the first thing they asked, are you in a safe place, do you need the police. was on the phone for approx. 40 minutes, most of the time on hold, they were contacting the towing company and UBER. found out the reason they called UBER was sometimes the tow comp. wont let you ride( i did not know this). they came back and said an UBER wasnt available in my area but was doing another search. right at about the 40 min. timeframe the tow truck showed up and they said i could ride. After hooking up the front tow lift i asked if they could also lift the rear with the little duallie wheels... that was no problem they said. total distance towed was approx. 15-16 miles. I think the Hagerty tow mileage limit they said was 20 miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts