El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the top of this manifold there's two small holes for the egr valve and there's two precut slots on the gasket not punched out but there's no holes on the block. Does the egr get its vacuum from the carb. intake or is there supposed to be the same holes on the block or do I have the wrong manifold? I'm talking about the two on the top left center. All the others match the blocks intakes? The top center one has a plate blocking it on top of the manifold but not the same bolt pattern as the EGR valve.

The egr is the bottom plate you can see the top one is blocked off.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
no you are fine.the holes you see are the passages needed to make the manifold work.it gets its exhaust from the center exhaust crossover passage(round holes in the center of the intake gasket ) and lets the exhaust into the intake through the small holes you see in the intake through the carb mounting flange. you are fine

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no you are fine.the holes you see are the passages needed to make the manifold work.it gets its exhaust from the center exhaust crossover passage(round holes in the center of the intake gasket ) and lets the exhaust into the intake through the small holes you see in the intake through the carb mounting flange. you are fine

Thanks I thought it had to be something like that.
Robert

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
any time i see you are moveing right along,have you done anything to deal with the carb and chip for the 350.in a 87 you have the est module and mating knock sensor they also need to be from a 350

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
On the top of this manifold there's two small holes for the egr valve and there's two precut slots on the gasket not punched out but there's no holes on the block. Does the egr get its vacuum from the carb. intake or is there supposed to be the same holes on the block or do I have the wrong manifold? I'm talking about the two on the top left center. All the others match the blocks intakes? The top center one has a plate blocking it on top of the manifold but not the same bolt pattern as the EGR valve.

The egr is the bottom plate you can see the top one is blocked off.
I agree with CCC you seem fine.

Does the egr get its vacuum from the carb - Yes ultimately, it may on your car go through a solenoid or some other electronic control I am unaware of.

The top center one has a plate blocking it on top of the manifold but not the same bolt pattern as the EGR valve - there are two things on that side of the manifold - the hot air choke is midpoint between the runners and above the EGR location in your photo - the other is the EGR itself its poised just adjacent to the intake runner.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with CCC you seem fine.

Does the egr get its vacuum from the carb - Yes ultimately, it may on your car go through a solenoid or some other electronic control I am unaware of.

The top center one has a plate blocking it on top of the manifold but not the same bolt pattern as the EGR valve - there are two things on that side of the manifold - the hot air choke is midpoint between the runners and above the EGR location in your photo - the other is the EGR itself its poised just adjacent to the intake runner.

Thanks I know the EGR port but I don't think there's anything else on my 305 manifold over on that side but this new manifold isn't factory of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts