El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put on an Edelbrock 2101 Performer manifold. The fit for the original throttle cable/TV cable/cruise control unit bracket is looking "iffy." Anyone else done this and have any tips? Or am I just going to have to "hot rod" it out?

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
If you put it under the carb, how do you seal the carb to the intake to keep it from a vacuum leak???:???: When I changed intake/carb, I bent the bracket to fit the carb. My problem is the AC solenoid for the carb.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I used my old brackets with that manifold and it works. Does look a little iffy if you find the correct one for the tv cable please post it so i can change mine
Robert

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
This is an edelbrock 2101 non-EGR performer intake manifold with an edelbrock 1806 AVS thunder series 650 cfm 4bbl on a GMPP 350/290 HP. I just had to make a short tab at the front to hold the spring. Also has an edelbrock AC idle up solenoid and an A6 compressor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am putting on the same intake and the 1806 carb, the instructions that came with the carb tells me to cut out 1/2 inch back between the 2 mounting holes on the stock throttle bracket and that will allow it to clear the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have to do that. I got it to fit, no problem. However, it IS a little bit farther back than it was originally. This requires adjustment to the cruise control rod and the TV cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts