El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1987 El Camino SS 305
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a Calif. street legal intake manifold for a 87 El Camino with a 305 engine. I have tried everywhere and cant find one (except wreckers). Any help or referral would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1987 El Camino SS 305
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes I have gone to Summit and they do not have one. Gone to Holley, Weiand, and Edelbrock direct and they do not make one.

·
Registered
1987 El Camino SS 305
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey cyberray. Thanks for the info. I did go there and they had one manifold for my need but was labeled yellow =
  • ENGINE SWAPS: All products with this icon are intended to be used with engines that have been transplanted or swapped into an uncontrolled or pre-pollution controlled vehicle, as defined above. They are not legal for use on pollution controlled vehicles.
I need it to be labeled green, purple or black. But thanks for looking into it .

·
National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
1,191 Posts
Check this source.

·
Registered
1987 El Camino SS 305
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check this source.

Hey Leo, Thanks also for the lead. I went there and their closes intake manifold that I could use goes up to year 1986, seems like 87 is a very odd ball year that no one wants anything to do with because of C.A.R.B.

·
Registered
1987 El Camino SS 305
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I appreciate your feed back. All I know is that The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) governs the smog check program in California said I could not use a 86 manifold. Will not pass visual inspection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts