El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions on my interior. i have an 84 el camino conquista with 2 tone brown paint and dark brown interior. Over the winter i would like to repaint my car either royal purple with white ss stripes down the hood or radiant fire red with black ss stripes down the hood. There is a upolstery shop in my town that does very nice work so i could get the seats and carpet with no problem but i have no idea how i could get the dash, vinyl padding on the door and other plastic trim parts a matching color. Is there a company that sells custom color dashes and interior trim parts? My second question is i heard that you can put buick regal power seats in 5th gen el caminos i was wondering that if this is true what year car would the seats have to be from? I plan to be doing all of this work from late fall to spring so i would like to get an estimate on how much it would be to get the custom color dash, plastic, and vinyl trim.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :) :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The aftermarket places like OPG and Honest Charly's sell new interior pieces that you can dye or paint to your color needs. If your pieces are in good enough cond., you can paint or dye those as well. Dupli-Color makes a good inyl/plastic paint, but I've only seen that in black and gray.

The regal power seat swap can be done, I did it with my '78. I swapped in a power split bench out of an '82 Regal. My original seat was a solid bench, so I had to weld it new inner mounts to the floor pan to mount the split bench. Any '78-'87 Regal seat will swap into any '78-'87 Elky. 8)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
87ElCamino said:
CHVYPWR said:
Any '78-'87 Regal seat will swap into any '78-'87 Elky.
The 78-88 Monte Carlo power seat unit will also work.

:mrgreen:
...and Malibu, and Gran Prix, and Cutlass :p :D Bench seats out of front drive Cutlass, Buick Century, Pontiac 6000, ect. will bolt in also 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interior pieces can be dyed. Most of the restoration companys stock vinyl dyes in many factory colors. I was getting ready to do this myself and was thinking of taking pictures and posting them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts