El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Dupli Color makes a pretty good interior paint that you can get at Pep Boys. Just make sure you clean every thing good before you get ready to paint it. O yeah, before your paint it clean it again. Prep is the best way to have your paint come out looking good and long lasting.
:texas::beer:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Go to your local auto body supply. They can mix it by formula. They can even put it in spray cans if you don't have the equipment to spray with. This way it'll be the correct color. And yes prep is the most important.

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
SEM makes real good paint & dye for vinyl. Also special primers for both plastic & vinyl.

http://semproducts.com/

More expensive than pepboys, but see the site for details. I did an entire 71 Buick Rivera interior, Mocha Brown (SEM color). It came out good for a first timer. The cleaning IS critical and the special primers help adhesion.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah SEM is Ok. I use some of their seam sealers and adhesives and bumper repair products. Only downside to the interior colors is they're all pre-packaged. So they aren't really an exact match. Which is fine if your doing everything.
Years ago just about every jobber had a full set of SEM tints and would mix your OEM color by formula. Today they use other brands such as DuPont.
A few years ago I bought some DK. Carmine Red interior parts from dixie monte carlo. The old dixie in NC. Anyway, a few months ago I decided to install them and paint my other moldings to match. So I mixed up the Dk. Carmine Red on my Dupont Chroma Premier system in the semi-gloss interior formula. The moldings match perfectly.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,776 Posts
Great advice on interior color, but I don't have factory tag under dash or in glove box...Where can I find a list of interior (Blue) colors for my 84?
1984 blue is Dark Royal Blue code # 22

1 - 9 of 9 Posts