El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,759 Posts
That certainly was interesting Goat,especially that he mentioned some compare it to the Holden ute. The Holden in that video in an FJ which came out in 1953.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,810 Posts
I've either seen one of these in the junkyard or the one he described where "they'd take the trunk lid off, find an old Model A pickup box and shove it in there"

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've either seen one of these in the junkyard or the one he described where "they'd take the trunk lid off, find an old Model A pickup box and shove it in there"

They actually sold bed kits to convert your car to a truck! (y):cool:

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,335 Posts
Thanks for the great link ;)

Reactions: old goat

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Years prior to purchasing my current El Camino, I was looking at purchasing a 1936 Chevrolet Utility Pickup with right hand drive that had come from Australia.
I ended up in emergency surgery and it sold before I recovered.
It looked like a 36 two seater coupe with a body that flowed continuously into the bed sides. This was not a box stuck in the trunk, It had Chevrolet markings.
Here is a link to show you what that body looked like. The one I was looking at was in fairly good shape with a green paint.
History of the Holden Ute dates back to Chevy Utes - Gasers.com

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,759 Posts
Years prior to purchasing my current El Camino, I was looking at purchasing a 1936 Chevrolet Utility Pickup with right hand drive that had come from Australia.
I ended up in emergency surgery and it sold before I recovered.
It looked like a 36 two seater coupe with a body that flowed continuously into the bed sides. This was not a box stuck in the trunk, It had Chevrolet markings.
Here is a link to show you what that body looked like. The one I was looking at was in fairly good shape with a green paint.
History of the Holden Ute dates back to Chevy Utes - Gasers.com
Thanks for posting that Bear,that was interesting. Never to old to learn something,l didn't know those chev utes were built here.l have never studied up on them but l assumed they were imported.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts