15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
Had my best run last night.

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Another score waiting for the right time to buy and not rushing into things has really paid off for me. My buddy Gale( Old Bear) found this one.
78-87 Malibu / el camino fiberglass front end new need room has to go $300
Got it I'm picking it up tomorrow. saved $750.00 + tax +shipping. brand new no holes never installed he just wants it out. The savings will probably pay for the mounting hardware and welding. The rattle can will do the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Another score waiting for the right time to buy and not rushing into things has really paid off for me. My buddy Gale( Old Bear) found this one.
78-87 Malibu / el camino fiberglass front end new need room has to go $300
Got it I'm picking it up tomorrow. saved $750.00 + tax +shipping. brand new no holes never installed he just wants it out. The savings will probably pay for the mounting hardware and welding. The rattle can will do the rest.
Awesome Robert! I saw that on O.C. C/L last week. If I knew you were looking I would have let you know. The weight reduction should help.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Robert's fenders are already pretty lite.
He has a fiber glass bumper.
This new unit only weighs 25 lbs.
It also has a 5 inch wind screen air dam to push the air a little more around the car, rather than under the frame and into the firewall.
The grill is also set up to push around the car, so his fans may need some adjusting.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
789 Posts
Thanks Gale for the update. I would like to drive down and watch this year.:yell:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
Update new front end picked this up new for $300.00:rockon:. Gale found it. Members helping members.

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #651

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
The truck is at the body shop getting complete body work. bed, engine bay, fiberglass frontend installed and paint. I just dropped off all the trim to be fixed and polished. I also bought a new Lexan rear window. It should be ready in another month then drop in the motor:cali:

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Almost time to start racing again. The truck is at the body shop 12-weeks and should be painted tomorrow. Engine is finished I rebuilt it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
What's it like to go from full stop to over 100 MPH in 6 seconds?
1: Put your helmet on.
2: Turn up the volume.
3: Put the stop watch by the screen.
4 : Click start on the video.
5: Watch the watch and the Christmas Tree.

Too fast?
6: Click the circular page refresh icon at top left of your browser.
7: Go back to step 4 and try again

You can repeat steps 4, 5, 6, 7 as many times as you want.
How long do you think the front wheels are up?
How long before shifting to 2nd?
How long between 2nd and 3rd?
What is RPM at finish line?
Have fun.
Do it again.

This run was about 6.2 seconds, 109 MPH in 1/8th mile.

·
Registered
514 Posts
1 d ago
novelle said:
Robert's latest run at Fontana 1/4 mile was a 10.063 @ 133 mph. His last 1/8 mile run at Irwindale was 6.19 @ 109 mph and was spinning at half track. A little more tweaking will get him down in the 9's in the 1/4 and in the 5's in the 1/8. I think he's headed for a competition license in the future.

Thanks for the update Dale! I have been getting his YouTube vids as soon as he posts them - but there are no stats, and he has comments "turned off".
Good to know you guys at D&R RACING LLC are making huge improvements! I know others like myself would like to see him in some actual competition racing!

641 - 657 of 657 Posts