1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
It's not just GM or any other business. Check out the clothing labels for the greatest military in the world, our government outsources (and has for many years) those and other things. Even our own people will buy decals ("Protect Our Troops") for their cars and US flags to display on Flag Day, all made in China! It's the mentality of people today to buy cheap and not smart!

Doug

·
Registered
589 Posts
I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Facts are facts.
I usually don't post controversial stuff but this just rips my guts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo&feature=youtu.be
I saw this video a few weeks ago and thought of how I was chided, here, for buying re-pop parts (chrome door handles) instead of "genuine GM". And all along I thought genuine GM parts were only made in Mexico. :???:

Wouldn't be so bad for Americans if our only problem was that GM was moving to China, their new home. This is nothing compared to the betrayal we face from our own government.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
As long as American consumers continue to seek out the cheapest priced goods regardless of quality or place of origkn we will continue to see our economy and way if life erode until there is nothing left.

GM is not the great American company it once was. It is now a "paper tiger" that will soon be floundering again. The auto bailout did more for China than it did for us.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
It's like the plague General Electric Is outsourcing a lot of their customer service's to India and talking to them is worthless. Just like always it's the money and nothing else and we pay the price. I can't help my customers if I can't understand what the person is saying on the other end of the line.:let_it_all_out::let_it_all_out: We don't even own the banks anymore.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
681 Posts
I stopped being a GM supporter in the 1990s. Their new styling designs in the late 90's (namely their trucks) completely turned me off. Then the whole bail-out happened, among other political issues, and now I am a Ford guy. Im not saying that Ford doesn't do its fair share of outsourcing and im not claiming that all Fords are "Made in America," but in my opinion Ford has more American Spirit than GM right now. I love my El Camino's and all GM vehicles from the 2002 Camaro and back, but if you look out in my driveway right now you will see several blue ovals.

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I mentioned this some time ago....the Saginaw Steering Division was sold to Chine some time back. The plants are 4 miles down the road from me. And the wages there are 14 bucks an hour, for all the new hiring, where they were around 25 or more in the old days. A friend who took flight lessons at the place I worked, was in China for 8 years for GM, and he told me a few months ago that the Chinese Army owned Steering Gear (?) Not that it makes any difference, since the army IS the government.

Not only that, this friend is getting screwed out of his retirement by GM, and he is part of a lawsuit against GM over this.
No good news here......

Don't know how folks with a family can live on 14 bucks an hour.....

Only good thing about the auto company bail-outs is that it saved some jobs (for the plants that China doesn't own yet)!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
As long as American consumers continue to seek out the cheapest priced goods regardless of quality or place of origkn we will continue to see our economy and way if life erode until there is nothing left.

GM is not the great American company it once was. It is now a "paper tiger" that will soon be floundering again. The auto bailout did more for China than it did for us.

So, it's the American public that is driving this abandonment of American industry and jobs? With all due respect, nothing could be further from the truth. What is a consumer to do? There are no American made products, and over 40% of working age Americans can't find gainful employment to pay for the highest price item. The American people are not to blame.

This move toward a third world economy that Americans will suffer under is intentional and being deliberately implemented by the money-brokers so we, our children, and our children's children, can all be fully enslaved. Enslavement is working to pay, with our taxes, for all the nonsense this government is buying. Wars, for example, are extremely expensive and it is the people of America who are being forced to pay for these wars that we have no business being involved in. But we the people, have no say about these wars that provide us neither our freedom, or our liberty.

These wars go on and on, while this controlled US Congress voted something like 411 to 2, that speaks for both Democrats and Republicans, to provide an aggressive foreign nation with anything they feel they need to "defend" themselves. We already provide this nation with 10s of millions in "aid" per day, while America is basically broke, in the hole for trillions, TRILLIONS! At the same time the Federal Reserve, which is about as federal as Federal Express, is printing money it creates from nothing, and then loaning it to the US Government, charging Americans compound interest on it, to pay it back. It can never be paid back, thus our elected criminals have deliberately signed us into perpetual slavery.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
i mentioned this some time ago....the saginaw steering division was sold to chine some time back. The plants are 4 miles down the road from me. And the wages there are 14 bucks an hour, for all the new hiring, where they were around 25 or more in the old days. A friend who took flight lessons at the place i worked, was in china for 8 years for gm, and he told me a few months ago that the chinese army owned steering gear (?) not that it makes any difference, since the army is the government.

Not only that, this friend is getting screwed out of his retirement by gm, and he is part of a lawsuit against gm over this.
No good news here......

Don't know how folks with a family can live on 14 bucks an hour.....

Only good thing about the auto company bail-outs is that it saved some jobs (for the plants that china doesn't own yet)!!

key word "yet " won't be long with our gov.!!!!!!! $14.00 BUCKS AN HOUR WON'T PAY FOR THE PAMPERS AND BABY FOOD. DON'T FORGET HOW MANY TIMES YOUR GOING TO BE TAXED ON THAT $14.00= MAYBE $10.00 BEFORE IT'S TAXED AGAIN.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
RRT,
We live in a capital driven free market. Most of us have many available vendors and millions of items to chose from when making a purchase. What I am suggesting is that by "shopping" hard from competing vendors and insisting that they supply you with domestically produced or assembled goods whenever possible and at fair prices.
This is not a solution, just a small part of it. People want to start small businesses. Why should they bother if they have no demand? No way am I trying to simplify the situation.The feds need to adjust corp taxes also.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is this really happening? I read that it was some kind of April fools joke but if its really happening than holy crap that's just wrong how could our government let a major u.s company be bought by a communist country?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Am I the only one who was shocked at the "CEO of GM"s ability to read a simple sentence? lol

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Check this out:
One has to scratch their head trying to comprehend how the government can lend money to itself. The Fed has doubled their holdings in U.S. Treasuries (the national “debt”) in one year from $812 Billion to $1.67 Trillion. This blows by the former largest owner, China who owns $1.1 trillion. The Federal Reserve is not technically “U.S. Government” but it is a government agency that could be loosely compared to a “subsidiary” of the government. The Fed has “lent” the government an additional $800 billion in one year. Where do they get the money? Part comes from printing more money. They added about $50 billion in currency from 2009 to 2010, and this year will likely show another big jump. Part comes from banks because bank deposits are rising and they are required to keep a reserve amount at the Fed. There is some circular logic here – where when the Fed buys Treasuries to keep rates low, depositors are more likely to keep money in banks where it is safe, which increases deposits, and gives more money to the Fed to buy Treasuries to keep rates low. It makes you dizzy. The other big source of funding to the Fed comes from an even stranger place – the U.S. Treasury. These are the people who own the “bank account” for the U.S. Government. They get all our tax receipts and they are the ones that borrow money to run the government. In 2010, the Treasury took $200 Billion out of their account and deposited it at the Fed. This was used…. to lend more money to the Treasury! As much as we feel uncomfortable that China owns so much of our debt, it’s also unsettling that the U.S. government now owns 31% of its own debt (so called “intergovernmental debt”.) If this percentage grows much more, the government will be more bubble than real.
:dontknow:

Doug

(I googled "biggest lender to the us government)!

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Unions broke GM with their shoddy workmanship and exorbitant wages, and not to mention the mismanagement. Now the union owns a share of gm, I can't wait to see how they handle that. GM was mismanaged for years before it went bankrupt, first it was the 350 Diesel then it was the x body junk cars that opened up the doors for the imports. The only good thing that came out of all of it is it forced the manufactures to improve the quality of the vehicles. Now, you have the government environmentalist stirring the pot, and with that you end up with a pos called Volt that runs on electric, but takes it's charge from the coal fired power plants. No wonder they want to move to China.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Maybe we need to boycot new GM cars and trucks and the goverment should cut them off from tax cuts and any kind of help. What about nascar fans were upset about toyoata being own by japan. how about chevy being china what do you think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you guys for real? Have you truly researched what you are putting into print? Take a moment, do more than "google" a single source and for God's sake, use a spell check if you wish to be taken seriously.....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Check this out:
One has to scratch their head trying to comprehend how the government can lend money to itself. The Fed has doubled their holdings in U.S. Treasuries (the national “debt”) in one year from $812 Billion to $1.67 Trillion. This blows by the former largest owner, China who owns $1.1 trillion. The Federal Reserve is not technically “U.S. Government” but it is a government agency that could be loosely compared to a “subsidiary” of the government. The Fed has “lent” the government an additional $800 billion in one year. Where do they get the money? Part comes from printing more money. They added about $50 billion in currency from 2009 to 2010, and this year will likely show another big jump. Part comes from banks because bank deposits are rising and they are required to keep a reserve amount at the Fed. There is some circular logic here – where when the Fed buys Treasuries to keep rates low, depositors are more likely to keep money in banks where it is safe, which increases deposits, and gives more money to the Fed to buy Treasuries to keep rates low. It makes you dizzy. The other big source of funding to the Fed comes from an even stranger place – the U.S. Treasury. These are the people who own the “bank account” for the U.S. Government. They get all our tax receipts and they are the ones that borrow money to run the government. In 2010, the Treasury took $200 Billion out of their account and deposited it at the Fed. This was used…. to lend more money to the Treasury! As much as we feel uncomfortable that China owns so much of our debt, it’s also unsettling that the U.S. government now owns 31% of its own debt (so called “intergovernmental debt”.) If this percentage grows much more, the government will be more bubble than real.
:dontknow:

Doug

(I googled "biggest lender to the us government)!

Here's how it is ... The Federal Reserve is not part of the US Government. It is a privately owned bank. In simple terms, the United States Government borrows all the money it requires from the Federal Reserve Bank, with interest. Here's an example of how it works: The Government wants $1 billion. The Federal Reserve prints $1 billion - based upon no hard asset :eek2: - and lends it to the Government at a high interest rate. The bank, however, did not have the original money. They created it out of thin air and made a bookkeeping entry, like you writing yourself a check without funds and cashing it. The Federal Reserve Bank was designed by swindling bankers to impoverish the American People and ultimately destroy the Nation. All loans made by bankers are guaranteed to be repaid by the taxes from the People. Bankers profit from good loans but if they make a bad loan, then it is to be repaid by the People in full.

The Federal Reserve controls the flow of money, making it tight creates unemployment or printing more than actually exists, creates inflation. It is, in essence, a paper corporation, which controls the entire economic well-being of this nation. The Federal Reserve has never been audited and answers to no one ... not even the US Government. As a private bank, it's primary goal is to make profits for its shareholders. If America is ever to regain solvency, not only must this bank be abolished, and all of the bankers and their extended families need to be arrested and tried for grand larceny and treason and all of their looted wealth confiscated.

The U.S. Constitution makes it very clear that only the government can mint money and determine its value. But the thieving bankers have subverted this honest system of money for the Federal Reserve swindle and fraud that they practice today, enslaving the People with debt money, taxes and wars.

From the crook's own mouth:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Wow! I think I've been called out! (just joking :poke:)
Rix85,
I think I was the only one that said I googled a topic. The only reason I copied that item :)secret: I did do a couple more searches, not just one) was because I found (as well as my wife) it hilariously weird in the way it was writen! Maybe I should have used more "smilies" or LOL.

merc2u,
I respect your opinion about my union and the company I worked 36.7 years for. I retired in October of 2001. For over 20 years of my service with GM, I taught my trade in the apprentiseship program. I was proud to do it and did not get one cent more in pay to teach those kids, and that was alright with me (eight of them have also retired......Makes my feel proud and old:smileyb:). I was working at GM when Roger Smith became the Chairman and CEO of GM (1981-1990 the worst GM CEO ever, IMO). Do the research to see bad ideas (for GM) he put into motion! IIRC, it was during his stint that the UAW gave its first concession from the contract.
FYI, union numbers in the US in 2010 was 11.4% of workers (union members in the private sector such as with GM, are under 7%). Oh, the contracts were signed by the UAW and the GM top brass in good faith (and GM had a large by wide legal department to look over the contract before the signing). The finger pointing blame game door should be swinging BOTH ways!
I'm in no way saying my union is blameless in GM's bankruptcy! GM executives are at least equally to blame.

dills88,
I'm 66 years old and I don't ever recall a boycot working nationally, yet alone world wide! Tax cuts and/or subsidies are a way of life between the government and business (the oil industry got a subsidy in 1913 and it's still being used today!....using this only as an example and I'm saying it's right or wrong).

I'm just happy that this thread has gone this far without anybody bad mouthing a political party!!!

Doug

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,048 Posts
Welcome to capitalism - you are witnessing a free open market in action. To be successful you must find demand for your products, and then sell your products. China has for years been buying more cars than America, and GM has been over there for a very long time.

You would have to be irretreivably stupid as a car maker to not want to be a part of that market, and if you are going to be a part of the market, why not want to be the leader in that market. Ford sells there, as does VW, Honda, Toyota, Skoda, probably many more.

Is this what we are complaining about, that an American owned company is the WORLD leader in car manufacture and sales? So what if they build them over there, hell more japanese cars are built in the US than Japan, in fact its a japanese car that has the highest percentage of american made content in it.

Corporations are in it for the money - plain and simple - nationalism almost never enters into the equation, companies outsource because its cheaper for them to do so, it gives them a greater potential profit margin, it is perfect business sense. In many cases it also protects the business from local fluctuations.

It has little to do with the American public, you will notice prices of GM cars didnt go down when they started outsourcing, nosirree, so its definitly not about buying cheaper cars. Say what you want about GM, I havent been a fan for years of their products and I've been on the fence about the bailout since the beginning, but being involved in China is SMART, thats where the market is and in a global market economy you have to go where the market is.

Its just icing on the cake that they lead the pack - Go America!!

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
It's just sad to see so much stuff going that direction. Last fall the US govt. approved/encouraged GE enough that they moved their entire Medical Imaging division to China. So now I presume that most of the worlds r&d and manufacture of medical imaging equipment will be 'made in china'.

Just hope it doesn't turn out as bad as the TOXIC Chinese jewelry sold at Wal-Mart....

We caught them putting LEAD in the jewelry, they said " we will stop that ", next thing we found they replaced the LEAD with CADMIUM - even more lethal....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts