Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
El Camino Central Forum
DonCroner
Premium Member
Director Region 18
Joined Feb 28, 2013
Last seen Dec 24, 2021

What are a regional director's duties?
all I keep doing is participatin' in the forum and say Hi to new regional members in my area. since I don't have Leo breathing down my neck I must be doing something right. I'm not even close to retired so this ain't a fulltime activity gig for me 馃榿

Registered
1966 Chevy El Camino; 283, TKO 500,3:36 posi.
Might try FB. I don鈥檛 do FB. It鈥檚 been awhile since he has posted here.

Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
just read thru the By-Laws, DRD duties are not actually defined. In fact, all it says in reference to DRDs are that they are Officers, that is it. DRDs are mentioned nowhere else.

National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
cyberray, you will find NECOA Regional Director and Deputy Director Guidelines listed in the director's Corner.

Director Region 18
Ok, I am here. But I gave my 84 to my grandson for his birthday. I am still considering getting a 69 but the price would have to be something I can afford. I am 78 and fully retired so it won't be an easy decision. I am here to help but to be truthful the odds are not in my favor. I just might have to step down as regional director.

Premium Member
Hi Don, glad you are safe. Hope you and your grandson are having fun together with the 84 El Camino. Best of luck in your search for another cool El Camino.

National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
Ok, I am here. But I gave my 84 to my grandson for his birthday. I am still considering getting a 69 but the price would have to be something I can afford. I am 78 and fully retired so it won't be an easy decision. I am here to help but to be truthful the odds are not in my favor. I just might have to step down as regional director.
Don I sent you a PM

Deputy National Director
I see this conversation and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help or answer a question. Is there someone that would like to step up in the region and the on a Deputy or Regional Directs duties?

Executive Committee (Secretary)
1984 El Camino
Hi Don - I found this in my stash of e-mails. Hope it helps:

The basic responsibilities, or expectations, of a Deputy or Regional Director in our Association. We used to distribute a 2-page, single spaced document that had the candidates taking out the trash from their local automotive stores and shops. I鈥檝e pretty much abandoned that document as the initial intro exposure 鈥 it scared off a lot of prospective leaders - in favor of some simple expectations. However, I have attached a copy for your perusal.

Attend area and Regional events - 鈥渃arrying the flag鈥 of the NECOA - promoting the Association and its activities & initiatives
Organize the Region or area members into a cohesive group/group鈥檚 that get(s) together regularly for meetings, shows, or other events. Encourage and assist members in organizing members in their areas.
Keep in contact with the Region鈥檚 members to gauge their interests and needs that may be addressed by our Association
Assist the Region or area members in finding solutions to their most pressing El Camino questions
Respond to calls for information or action by the Association鈥檚 leadership
Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
See NECOA Action Plan here: NECOA Action Plan

That鈥檚 it in a few nutshells. There are other ancillary expectations that come with the title,or develop as a Region or area progresses from dead to alive, but a leader will recognize and handle those as they come up. The National Director (ND), Leo, is always available as an asset. We can furnish information from our membership database, going back to 2002, that can zero in on specific areas, Zip Codes, or wider areas that may assist in identifying both active and non-active (sleeping) members who may come out to play.

Reactions: elcodude
1 - 15 of 15 Posts