El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, there is so much to learn, so much its crazy. So I'm gonna apologize ahead of time cuz I can get like a dog and an old bone.. Infatuated. So if I start peppering ppl with questions, it's in my nature to do so. Ever hear stories from patents saying how their kid constantly asks 'why?', yeah that's me. So, sorry in advance if I start picking ya'lls brains, cuz right now ya'll are the best and most informed group of ppl there is. 馃

Also a little jealous, hah, ya'll have some amazing cars.

Registered
On my build sheet there鈥檚 279 for seat belt color and 27B, which is a blue interior. Where is the Gold Decal listed? Can you post a copy of your build sheet? Your Cabellero should look like my Conquista I think. (My tailgate decal is light blue/dark blue). Also, welcome!!
Patrick

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
That's 1 piece of paper I've yet to find, if it even exists. This is all I got.

So should be drk blue hood and sides and lt blue under and roof? Or other way around?

Registered
You were right the first time I think. If you find the build sheet (or yours has the metal trim tag under the hood on the cowl), you shiuld see U, L and M and a number for upper lower and middle colors. I have seen some reversed, but I think they were either changed as repaints or are early fifth gens (鈥78-82 maybe?). All the later ones I鈥檝e seen with low miles or documents are like mine. Your buildsheet is most likely above your headliner.
Patrick

Deputy Director Region 6
Did some searching on this site for the YH6 code & most have question marks
This one says YH6 as "Super Saver Special Package" Don't know what that means
yours could be like the with the gold medal super saver special package ?
If you really want to know what the YH6 code is maybe send an Email to GM heritage & ask them ?
I've sent them a few emails asking some questions
Doesn't hurt to send email ! send question to [email protected]

Registered
Aha! I squinted at your receipt and saw 鈥楪old Medal Special鈥. I googled it, and it was a sales promotion GMC ran from 1984 until (?) whereby vehicles had a lot of options as standard and value priced them. (It鈥檚 a little odd). It was an Olympic Games tie in. The package wasn鈥檛 really a special vehicle with badges or colors, just a marketing thing. It might explain too why A/C was free on yours; it was an (expensive!) option in 鈥85 and I think later, too.
Patrick

Deputy Director Region 6
You were right the first time I think. If you find the build sheet (or yours has the metal trim tag under the hood on the cowl), you shiuld see U, L and M and a number for upper lower and middle colors. I have seen some reversed, but I think they were either changed as repaints or are early fifth gens (鈥78-82 maybe?). All the later ones I鈥檝e seen with low miles or documents are like mine. Your buildsheet is most likely above your headliner.
Patrick
the 86 & 87 Doesn't have the body number plate on the firewall,Just the RPO label on the back of the glove box door Also most the time the Mexicans didn't put the build sheet in the truck

Registered
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Yeah 25U, 31L is all I got from glove box, only other color codes are 27B,27I, 279 which are all blue cloth/blue trim/blue seat belt. But looking up 25U there's a couple of possible colors. Dark Ming blue met, Cadet blue met, steel blue met, puritamina blue met (no matches for this color), or bright blue metallic.

31L is easy, aqua blue metallic, which is a wierd shade of tealish blue. Neither really dark nor light.

The only color choice that'd make any sense would be the dark ming blue, the others are almost the same color as 31L.

Edit. Guess I was wrong, another list shows 31L as Marlin blue metallic, a dark cyan, which would match up nice with bright blue.

Deputy Director Region 6
Paint codes
Code 25U is Upper paint color Light Blue Metallic / Code WA8574
Code 31L is Lower paint color Dark Blue Metallic / Code WA8592

Registered
鈥87; would your experience mirror mine and guess his was painted 鈥榣ight roof/dark middle/light lower鈥 like mine is? As for build sheets, mine had the original and a carbon print. I guess the Mexican plant started out (in 鈥85) toeing the line and slacked off in later years.
Patrick

Registered
Discussion Starter #33

So consensus is the original colors would be like this then? Light blue on roof/skirt and dark blue body?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts