El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if there is a website that you could view wheels/tires on vehicles other than tirerack. Tirerack doesnt seem to have pics of any generation of elky, chevelles, let alone C/10's, 59-60's impalas etc. Looks like they mostly cater to the plastic pig generation.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
discount tire is a little better, played around on it but no el camino. had a c/010 59'vette and chevelle pictured but wouldnt show pics with wheel options selected

·
437 Posts
There should be many pictures of all generations posted here after the event.
For myself I generally lean toward what they ran in the day. I don`t like big modern wheels.
You may look at Coker for tires I don`t know that they do wheels.
JP

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be many pictures of all generations posted here after the event.
For myself I generally lean toward what they ran in the day. I don`t like big modern wheels.
You may look at Coker for tires I don`t know that they do wheels.
JP
yea, exactly! i got that old school bug too. i was looking at a website called :
https://detroitsteelwheel.com/
some worked for me some didnt but they were all kinda cool looking

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
And there's a big tire/wheel discount store here in town that has a computer to picture their tires on your car. You may have a shop locally, look for the biggest place with the loudest commercials.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
If you're worried about sizes I can tell you that 235/60/16 with no offset just clears my frame and wheel house by about 1/4 inch an will rub under certain conditions, but just barely. And I had to 45 the front of the fenders to get turning clearance. Most stores have a program to add wheel size and keep tire size equal. So, hopefully this helps, this is the biggest tire I can use without cutting more than just the corners of the fenders.

Joe

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're worried about sizes I can tell you that 235/60/16 with no offset just clears my frame and wheel house by about 1/4 inch an will rub under certain conditions, but just barely. And I had to 45 the front of the fenders to get turning clearance. Most stores have a program to add wheel size and keep tire size equal. So, hopefully this helps, this is the biggest tire I can use without cutting more than just the corners of the fenders.

Joe
i think the biggest i will be going is 225/235-50/60- 17 inch.i guess i wouldnt know the offset until i choose the wheel. i think im gonna be like JP and stay old school, so far i havent found my fancy. Currently i have my original OEM 14" rallys back on. Back in the late 80's i picked up a set of 15" Camaro(1987) rims that i had to use 1/4" spacers on the front(235/60's all around), i ran with them for about 20 yrs until i garaged the elky in 2005. it rubbed the outer inner fender well on the driver side a little. A couple yrs ago i got a chromed 16" set off a 2002 IROC(2 for front and 2 for rear matching set). now i decided i dont really want to put those on. i got a funny feeling that if i cant find what i like,i'll end up by putting the 87' rims back on.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
See if this helps. Does Not really show them On the vehicle but there are a lot of options!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts