El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y’all!
So I have been searching high and low to find an El Camino to rent as a getaway car for my wedding in October in Monroe, GA as a surprise/gift to my soon to be husband.

We have been together 9 years and I have lost track of the amount of times my fiancé has reminisced about the El Camino he used to own as a teenager. (See attached picture). I’m not a car person, so excuse me for not knowing all the details of the Elky he used to own. But I have attached a picture I scalped from his Facebook!

Would anyone on here have a similar El Camino or know someone who does, whom may be willing to allow us to rent it as our getaway car?

We could either pick it up and drop it off. Or if the owner would prefer, we could just drive it out of the venue to the parking lot next door at the church.

if nothing else, I would love some feedback from y’all on how I may be able to make this happen for him!

Invitation to the reception and free beer will most certainly be included!
Thanks!!
-Samantha

·
Registered
1969 SS396
106 Posts
Sorry I can't help but I wanted to comment that this is an excellent idea! You sound like a great catch, congratulations and good luck!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I shared your post to the fakebook page.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mine’s a good bit different compared to his but I’m willing to help if I can. I’m in north Oxford (near Walnut Grove).
Patrick

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is a similar post on Team Chevelle posted today. Looking for red 66 Chevelle for wedding in Virginia. Coincidence ???

·
Registered
228 Posts
same name? account created recently also?
Apparently two different people. The similarities caught my attention. The post on TC the OP has FB profile confirmed by another member.

·
Registered
1969 SS396
106 Posts
Since everybody puts everything on social media, maybe one has a good idea and someone else thought it was cool and borrowed it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine’s a good bit different compared to his but I’m willing to help if I can. I’m in north Oxford (near Walnut Grove).
Patrick
How can I contact you Patrick?? Sorry for the slow reply! It’s been a busy week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apparently two different people. The similarities caught my attention. The post on TC the OP has FB profile confirmed by another member.
Yep two different people! Lol! I ditched Facebook a while back. Still have a profile though. Might have to log on and try to figure out how to navigate my way through lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts