El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a fuel tank for the EFI swap anyone in or know someone in Cali that has a caprice wagon fuel tank for the swap? I don’t wanna have issues with venting the 22gal EFI tank I rather just do the caprice wagon tank

·
Registered
873 Posts
You could always go to a junkyard and grab one. I couldn't find anyone parting one out but there were a few here in the local parts yards. The only issue was they like to punch holes in the tanks here to drain them but being that the wagon tanks are HDPE, a bit of filler material and a plastic welder had that fixed easy enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could always go to a junkyard and grab one. I couldn't find anyone parting one out but there were a few here in the local parts yards. The only issue was they like to punch holes in the tanks here to drain them but being that the wagon tanks are HDPE, a bit of filler material and a plastic welder had that fixed easy enough.
Man I’ve searched a lot of junk yards where I’m from nothing anywhere I did not anticipate this level of difficulty locating one

·
Registered
873 Posts
Man I’ve searched a lot of junk yards where I’m from nothing anywhere I did not anticipate this level of difficulty locating one
Yeah, took me a good while to find mine too. Well good luck! Also maybe try car-part.com You can search a bunch of wrecking yards that way.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
OK, there are choices and finding a Caprice wagon tank is one of them, but getting harder daily. This is one option and works really good. If you read to the end there are a few twists but Les pinned down the best way to go. My ElCo has been been running flawlessly ever since! My next mod will be sawing off my original tank neck and adding it to the current set-up. This may not be what you want but is in the end the way I am most satisfied with. I still have the original 4.3 hanger sitting on the back porch and after spending more trying to save a few bucks I am really happy with the new set-up. Best of luck!

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, there are choices and finding a Caprice wagon tank is one of them, but getting harder daily. This is one option and works really good. If you read to the end there are a few twists but Les pinned down the best way to go. My ElCo has been been running flawlessly ever since! My next mod will be sawing off my original tank neck and adding it to the current set-up. This may not be what you want but is in the end the way I am most satisfied with. I still have the original 4.3 hanger sitting on the back porch and after spending more trying to save a few bucks I am really happy with the new set-up. Best of luck!

Joe
Thanks for the info man I really appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts