El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Earlier today I drove my 64 over to Lowes to pick up a new American flag because my old one took a beating during some of Isaac's gusts and tore. Being that it was at least 90 and I parked right in front I left the windows down. I was in a hurry so I left a leather toolbag on the seat. When I came back no more than 5 minutes later the bag was gone. No one was close to the car even though it usually attracts attention when I park it somewhere.
The toolbag was old and worn..no biggie..but inside was a Starret vernier caliper ( not cheap ), a couple of lock picks, a small screwdriver that I use to make endless adjustments to my carburetor, and my brandy new stickers that Sean(69SS396) just mailed me from the Nederlands Camino meeting. They were collectof items. Chances are the s***bag that stole them threw them away. Nothing steams me more than being ripped off or cheated.
I have myself to blame. The vernier was my late father's and cannot be replaced.

Man, do I hate people who steal. Word to the wise.(wiser than I)

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
As a fellow Marine we both know what would have happened to that dirt bag if you had caught him.
:snipersmilie:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, you are in the black on that one. All of us usually draw attention with our relics. There were some young guys eyeballin my cruck. I can only wonder who
Monetarily, it's not a big loss, but a personal hit. I was lucky enuff to have a pair of stickers...gone
you gotta know this (fill in the blank) would be chewing on my snubby .40 , not smiling

SF

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Sorry to hear one of the low lifes stumbled across your car.:let_it_all_out: Karma makes all things even, his time will come, then maybe someone else can shoot him!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Wow James, sorry to hear that.

Back when I had my "nice" german shepherd, I used to leave my vehicle running outside stores.

No one ever stole my truck, imagine that. Gas station attendants didnt even want to get close.

If you come up to G-ville there are stickers in the goodie bags.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Man, that sucks! I had things taken from my '67 Camaro years ago, so I know the feeling.

Doug

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Any chance the cops could check the lowes security tapes? Or do they have better things to do

·
Registered
581 Posts
That sucks !!! Some young punk or someone needing money for drugs,love to catch them in the act!
Someone had the stones to come up to the front of are house and take a plack off the wall.:poke:
What comes around goes around Thay will get there's I know it dosent help now be karma will get'em.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had one thing taken out of my unlockable, open T. Someone stole my fuzzy dice!

That is funny. I have a pair of dice hanging on my rearview mirror. Still there.

·
0 Posts
I saw a guy rambling in a neighbors truck around 0545 a couple mornings ago. He was between his truck and mine. He didn't know I heard him because I sleep light. I watched him for almost 30 seconds before he saw me. Once he saw me stalking him,he jetted off. I told my neighbor and he said that must be the same one who stole his spare tire. I told him that I'm waiting on him to steal from me because I'm dying to try out my new Federal bullets on him.:texas:
Sorry for your loss but you know karma will hit that guy and usually its 10 times worse or even death. Keep your head up and pray he comes to Texas sometime in his life. We'd hang him by his sack and beat him with a barbed wire bat.:texas:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know the deal.."What goes up must come down" I am the dummy. Too bad I didn't have my Rottie along for the ride. It was too hot to leave her.She has some pearly whites!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah that sucks! You know it's funny. I'm born and raised in The Bronx, NY. 52 years old and no matter where I go, everything gets locked, alarms get set, etc.
Went to NH for the Lee Speedway event and couldn't sleep because my elky was parked in the hotel lot.

·
0 Posts
You know the deal.."What goes up must come down" I am the dummy. Too bad I didn't have my Rottie along for the ride. It was too hot to leave her.She has some pearly whites!
You're not a dummy. We should all feel like we could be able to let our guard down in certain places but this country won't let us. We've all been in that same boat before. All it did was teach you to stay alert.:beer:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Probably is your only hope that Lowes may have parking lot security cameras.
Too many times in life it seems that the did it one time rule gets us. Why does it have to be our fault that we didn't lock something. Peace of mind taken away sometimes is the worst thing, it's kinda hard to just shake off things like that.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JL,
I parked near the hot dog truck near the entrance to the store. I just had to get over it. I didn't file a police report or bother the store.We went to a wedding and reception a few hours later and by the time I got home I was over it.
I would be lying if I told you I don't want to put a smackdown on the scummer that went into my cruck. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
The bad thing about some thieves these days, they are so smooth & guilt free in their motions , it probably looked like he was the truck owner to bystanders. I,ve done front home entrance door repairs where the thief pulls up in the driveway , waves & sometimes even speaks to the neighbor, then walks up out of their sight & kicks in the front door. Talk about lack of conscience.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I,ve done front home entrance door repairs where the thief pulls up in the driveway , waves & sometimes even speaks to the neighbor, then walks up out of their sight & kicks in the front door. Talk about lack of conscience.
That's why it's important to get to know your neighbors. Of course... there are a few here I still don't know after 13 years. :poke:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would have reported it to the store and asked to see the security tape. This puts them on notice that they may need security in their lot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts