El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's the difference between Craftsmanship and Master Craftsmanship. A Master can get the same performance And make it look good. 😎

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts

"...In the process, the cab was moved back into the bed, and the doors eliminated, which resulted in a set of sunroof-like doors. "

View attachment 131529
Cyberray , Thanks so much for the post of the Hulk Camino . I had previously seen a video of it online and what a great treat it was to accidentally bump into seeing it at this past SEMA Show in Las Vegas that Skinyfisher and I went to again . There was always a crowd of admirers filming it . I think I have a reasonably nice 87 Camino that I love but would not hesitate for a minute to trade it for the Hulk . Each day of SEMA I would make a point to stop by and check out the details of the build .

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I like it well enough, as long as they didn't start with a clean example.

Reactions: pitts64

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cyberray , Thanks so much for the post of the Hulk Camino . I had previously seen a video of it online and what a great treat it was to accidentally bump into seeing it at this past SEMA Show in Las Vegas that Skinyfisher and I went to again . There was always a crowd of admirers filming it . I think I have a reasonably nice 87 Camino that I love but would not hesitate for a minute to trade it for the Hulk . Each day of SEMA I would make a point to stop by and check out the details of the build .

how can I (we), get admission tickets to SEMA without actually working in the auto-field? 😭 is there like a Friends & Family ticket? 🙏

·
4,603 Posts
how can I (we), get admission tickets to SEMA without actually working in the auto-field? 😭 is there like a Friends & Family ticket? 🙏 I am lucky to have a friend that has done so much work with this shop and as a consultant , he checks out products for them to purchase at SEMA , that I was able to tag along to help out . As you probably know , the shop must be a member of SEMA . Many are not as I think it costs them almost $ 2000 membership per year . Others may want to Google the SEMA Show as it is the major league of everything automotive .

·
4,603 Posts
how can I (we), get admission tickets to SEMA without actually working in the auto-field? 😭 is there like a Friends & Family ticket? 🙏
Cyberray , I am lucky and have a friend that has done so much work with a shop and does consulting work that they send him to SEMA to check out possible products to purchase . As you probably know , it costs the shop around $ 2000 yearly dues so many are not a SEMA member . Others may enjoy Googling SEMA as it is the major league of everything automotive .

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cyberray , I am lucky and have a friend that has done so much work with a shop and does consulting work that they send him to SEMA to check out possible products to purchase . As you probably know , it costs the shop around $ 2000 yearly dues so many are not a SEMA member . Others may enjoy Googling SEMA as it is the major league of everything automotive .
and I know being a SEMA member is not an automatic guarantee of getting a ticket either (read the website). talk about an exclusive club!

·
4,603 Posts
and I know being a SEMA member is not an automatic guarantee of getting a ticket either (read the website). talk about an exclusive club!
You are right in that it is one of the few events that is sooo popular that they need to restrict the number of attendees . The entire inside and outside of the Las Vegas Convention Center gets so full of vehicles , displays , products etc. that if they did not , you would not be able to get around , conduct business etc. Skinyfisher and I would get an early start each day as it got so crowded by afternoon . This event is truly breathtaking o_O

21 - 29 of 29 Posts