El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it is a multi-day event and we don't know what to expect from Texas weather....

making my list:

-pop-up canopy with weights (old rotors) to hold down in case of wind
-folding chairs
-foam cooler for them cold drinks
-cell phone w/charger (car cell charger too, just in case)
-camera/video camera to record sessions (tripod for camera?)
-extra batteries for said cameras
-tool bag (including jack, spare tire, and leather gloves, don't forget your special socket for locking lugnuts); don't forget ELECTRICAL tools (volt meters, etc)
-extra fluids in case of emergency (oil, tranny fluid, radiator, and water)
-tarp to cover stuff
-50ft of poly-rope
-portable air compressor
-maps/GPS (GPS don't work right in Death Valley)
-cleaning stuff to make your El Camino look purty for the show
-booth babe (aka your wife/girlfriend)
-yourself

alternatively, for some of the items above, you can wait til you get to Dallas then buy at local store for final prep. you'll need to clean off all that road grime and dead bugs.

the closest car washes are here
https://goo.gl/maps/dpyNPvG5hbnuo4tVA

Globe Life Park is right next to the Arlington Sheraton

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Nice list! I'm close enough that most of that list won't matter for me(6MI) Hope everyone else has all they need and will help out if I can!

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Hello,

Thanks for the list. Should be very handy.

Can we bring spare parts from home for give away or for sale? I have a few things I will never need:

Two front fenders, not in perfect condition. 1970 and 71 but one is not for an EC.

Original Harrison air conditioning unit . . . needs work.

Small unused portion of floor pan.

Alternator for 1970 350 SBC engine and maybe a starter.

A few other things I can't think of but somebody might could use.

Rick

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice list! I'm close enough that most of that list won't matter for me(6MI) Hope everyone else has all they need and will help out if I can!

Joe
200 miles for me, I trust nothing. Because I expect SOMEthing to happen, I'm more annoyed than surprised when it does, and pleasantly happy when all goes well.

·
Registered
924 Posts
great list , good idea posting it , how about the car cover ? too much ?
I will be minus the car babe.Unless she decides to surprise me and fly.

·
347 Posts
Car show Needs

Great list CyberRay.

The hotel will be providing a wash area to wash off the road grime.

Canopies are fine, but they won't allow any tent stakes, so any weights for the legs will be great.

According to Weather.com, of course, give us 5 mins it will change, upper 70's to low 80's during the day and mid-'50s at night, maybe add a lightweight jacket to the list.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Swapp Meet Plans

Hello,

Can we bring spare parts from home for give away or for sale? I have a few things I will never need:
Rick

Members are encouraged to bring extra parts for the Thursday through Saturday swap meet. Please limit your parts to that which would fit in the footprint of your El Camino's bed area (approx. 7 by 10 feet). The FD will not allow any blockage of the traffic lanes..............Ken

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have 5 traffic coneheads laying around and some white plastic chain that I use for my shows display .
I will try to drop them off wednesday late if not thursday morn.

·
Registered
599 Posts
if this wasnt listed, be sure to bring a car cover if you plan on leaving the car overnight at the hotel. Keeps dew off it and maybe a curious drunk visitor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts