El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, boys, it looks like it's finally fall down here in the Bikini State. I've noticed the old El Camino spitting lots of water out the pipes when I start her. It reminded me that at this time of year down here (you guys up north all ready know) with temps in the 80's day and 50's-60's nites that the temp changes are "making water" in the gas tank if its not full. Especially for those of us who don't drive every day, some "dry gas" (for us old guys) or fuel conditioner in the tank is a good idea to eliminate the water build up in the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
its about 20 degrees out right now

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here in Central PA it was 72 yesterday and hopefully again today. One more day without snow!

Great day to cruise around in the Elky on my birthday - except the kiddies in their Rice Burners will be asking me why I don't put the top down on my SSR! :cool:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Its a nice balmy -18F (yes thats below zero) with a foot or 2 of snow on the ground in Calgary this morning. I am going to have to wait for the next thaw to chip the elky off the driveway :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow Howard. I'll quit bitchin about the northern indiana climate. A good example of it's alway worse, or better, somewhere else. My elky's put to bed all full of gas and sta bil, fresh oil and filter, and covered with sheets -boohoo... I'll see her again next May. The good part is I'm heading to Florida for the winter (snowbird RVer) as soon as Christmas passes. :p :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
being close to the mountains the weather changes rapidly. It can be -18 one day and +50 the next. Soon I hope to have my Elky in my nice warm garage on a rotisserie to start its long road back to beauty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts