El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished my interior almost a year ago and I had a few members use it and a few who said no way. Well if you want to buy a name brand and spend your hard earned cash that's fine but for you guys on a budget I guarantee when you put the carpet and side panels you will have the same results if not better than other high dollar brands. Once you put the Peel & Seal down it ain't coming off without pliers. No heat gun needed what so ever and for the people who were concerned about the smell it started fading away the first week and is totally gone. Some said wait till summer well I'm in So, Cal. and summer never left from last year and my truck at work sets for ten hours a day in direct sun with all the windows rolled up .

One 25ft. roll will cost you $16.95 plus tax at lowe's and I put a layer of anti-fatigue matting on top at $3.69 per 3x1 foot and you can buy as many feet off the big roll and no glue is needed except on the rail hump under the seat .

My complete job with all materials cost less than $140.00 and I put more than needed every where.

In my photobucket there are several video's not in order but it will show you how I did it .

I'm not knocking the name brand but this is the way to go. You can't see the brand name anyway it's covered up. Just want to finish by saying again there is absolutely no smell left in my truck by this product and after couple a couple of weeks it starts going away. This stuff sticks and will take a pair of pliers to remove so make sure you mark all your bolt holes or your in for a lot of extra work.

CLICK ON PICTURE:nanawrench:

CLICK ON PICTURE

HERE'S WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE TODAY.

CLICK ON PICTURE

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the info and that is one sweet lookin' Elky. Excellent work :texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cilck on pictures

How about these air brushed on the door jams.:secret:

·
Registered
103 Posts
just fininshed useing the p & s on my floor hopefully getting doors done next week look good to me at this poing and will see as time goes about the doors and roof

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How thick is the peel & seel???? looks great,, no smell correct???? Matty man

To me it's thick and won't peel off. For the smell to me the first week it smelled like new car plastic strong but not bothering but it will have a slight odor for a couple of months when it's closed up in the heat but once you roll down the windows it's gone. I'm sure it's the same with the big boys over priced stuff. I read an article or you tube these products are made from the same petroleum products and it's not really for sound it's for vibrations and rattles that's why I put a padding on top and it didn't do any distortion to my carpet kit. I think it fits better now. I'm not selling the product or would jeopardize my membership in any way. This is the t*t's ass and you won't be disappointed and just think all the money you will save to buy that new????????? for your truck. If any member in the Los Angeles area would like to come by and see your welcome anytime and I will take off my door panel or carpet to show you then you can inform other members to use this product. If I WAS SMART AND KNEW HOW TO GET A HOLD OF THE MFG. TO PUT MY NAME AND SELL IT LIKE D--------- I would be rich if Billy Mays was still alive.:poke::beer:

It's been hot here all winter and summer never really left and I have no smell at all from it when getting into the truck after it's been sitting in direct sunlight closed up for ten hours at work. Don't plan on taking it off once it's installed for a few months I think it bonds more with time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Used the "same" stuff from home depot and it worked great. Used a whole roll on just my floor adding double layers in certain areas for more heat resistance and extra sound deadening on top of my foam I layed on top.

Did you do your roof?
I am thinkg of getting another roll and doing the roof before the headliner and still need to get my doors done but want to wait until they are attached to the car so I can test fit my door panels.

FWIW mine didnt smell at all while sitting in the barn in 80-98* weather but won't know until I drive it a bit in one piece.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found this looking for the thickness. It's up to you if you want save or through your money away .
Enjoy the quiet drive home I do.:secret::secret:

I USED THE MONEY I SAVED TO HAVE MY TRUCK PAINTED!!!!:poke:
Robert

Reviews Home : Lowes Reviews : Departments Reviews : Building Supplies Reviews
TOP RATED PRODUCT

Peel & Seal 6" x 25' Mastic Roof Coating

Instant waterproof repair 5 puncture-resistant layers 100% UV stable Maintenance-free
Average Customer Rating:

out of 5

11 out of 11(100%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.

Customer Questions & Answers:
6 Questions | 6 Answers
Read all Questions and Answers

Choose a sort order Expert Reviews First Newest Reviews First Oldest Reviews First Rating High to Low Rating Low to High Most Helpful Least Helpful By Contributor Rank Reviews with Photos Reviews with Videos Customer Reviews for 6" x 25' Mastic Roof Coating

Great alternative to dynamat and other $$$ brands

Nick
Time of Purchase:within last month
Place of Purchase:in store
Level of Expertise:Intermediate

January 26, 2012

Features:

5 / 5

Value:

5 / 5

Design:

5 / 5

Quality:

4 / 5

Ease of use:

4 / 5

I gotta say people that say that Peel & Seal smells, is very sticky, and drips when heated or very hot are full of it. When I applied this to my car to stop the rattling from my system I heated it up to almost 100F for a good bond to the metal, yes it was somewhat tacky but it was no where near the point that it was going to drip at all and didn't smell unless you put your nose right up close to the stuff. I paid 18$ a roll (which is very reasonable) and I covered my front and back two car door with the stuff and also covered the trunk lid from the inside and with just using one roll so far the rattling has almost completely stopped (I have a 1000W Kenwood Amp. powering two Kicker Comps) which if you own a pair know that they hit decently hard. I plan on picking up another roll to do the rest of the trunk bay and panel areas with but if you live in a somewhat cooler climate area and don't get crazy hot summers (like above 110F) I would seriously recommend this to others who wish to kill trunk bass rattle. Or simply just want to help sound proof their car to get that luxury car quite quality. I had a great experience with the stuff and hopefully you do to

Pros High quality, Durable, dampens sound, adhears great, value

I would recommend this to a friend

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
383tpi, I did my roof approx 6 years ago, it did help. A product like this needs to stick tightly to the outer sheetmetal to do it's job.On inside bracing,it won,t do much good. Also I did the inside of the inner door surface, didn,t do much good there. Once I,ve done my planned sheetmetal lower door mods, I plan on doing the inside surface of the outer door skins, making sure the weepholes won,t get covered.
A product note here, There are other similar rolled home products such as Grace brand that have more asphalt base & less butyl rubber type product in them.They WILL NOT WORK for sound deadening like peel & seal by W&F mfg.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info sounds good did you put any on the in side of the door skin
Put it this way.
yes all the way to under the head liner on the roof. Also when you pull the head liner out the roof has a lip all the way around and the tape and padding fit in the groove so when I put the head liner back up there was no interference with reinstalling the liner and looks like I never touched it. Like on the door panels leave about an inch or so so when you reinstall the door panels with the plastic clips it doesn't leave a gap in the panel and your door frame. Same thing can't tell I ever took off the panels and I also put a layer of the padding to. Also use the anti -fatigue padding at lowe's in the carpet area it's on a big roll and will lay on the floor with no glue and makes the carpet kit look tight without leaving any shortage of carpet anywhere. It gives it that home cush padding look and feel.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How thick is the peel & seel???? looks great,, no smell correct???? Matty man
All it Say's is six puncher proof layers. click on questions and answers in the one above of the other guy saying the same thing I am.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
383tpi, I did my roof approx 6 years ago, it did help. A product like this needs to stick tightly to the outer sheetmetal to do it's job.On inside bracing,it won,t do much good. Also I did the inside of the inner door surface, didn,t do much good there. Once I,ve done my planned sheetmetal lower door mods, I plan on doing the inside surface of the outer door skins, making sure the weepholes won,t get covered.
A product note here, There are other similar rolled home products such as Grace brand that have more asphalt base & less butyl rubber type product in them.They WILL NOT WORK for sound deadening like peel & seal by W&F mfg.
Like I said it's for rattles and vibrations that's why I added a padding on top of it. Like stated above by Jl it's not for sound. I don't think dyna-mat is either is it? I bought a roll at home depot that was a different brand and it was worthless.

VIDEO FROM YOU TUBE.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Here's the best yet test against both products video.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I said it's for rattles and vibrations that's why I added a padding on top of it. Like stated above by Jl it's not for sound. I don't think dyna-mat is either is it? I bought a roll at home depot that was a different brand and it was worthless.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Review 11 for 6" x 25' Mastic Roof Coating

great alternative for expensive sound deadener's in cars and trucks
Overall Rating:

5/5

Jerry H.

well I was looking for good low price sound and rattle killers for my car and I must say when my father told me to use this product I was vary hesitant... but after installing 3 and a half rolls in my cars doors and trunk it made my car sound like it was a luxury car. road noise is almost gone and the whole car stay as warm or as cold as i like it to without any problem. and it really doesn't weigh much compared to the real alternatives. and the others cost close to $80 for 20 sq-ft instead of about $17 for 12.5 sq-ft. awesome product and i look forward to buying more soon!

:Intermediate

Date:December 25, 2010

Bought 7 rolls of this stuff and installed in the doors, under carpet, and behind rear panals, of my 2000 F-150. This stuff is cheap and does its job very well. Road noise has been greatly reduced. No rattleing at all. Best of all, When I turn on subs I can hear no bass when i step out of truck and close doors.

Pros
Fred A

Date:June 28, 2011

Features:

4/5

Value:

4/5

Design:

4/5

Quality:

5/5

Ease of use:

5/5

I used this product, as have many other Corvette owners, to sound proof the trunk area of my car. It cost over $300 to buy materials that are made for sound proofing a vehicle and using Peel & Seal does the same thing for less than $50. It quiets down the road nosie from the tires and muffles the drone from after-market exhaust systems. This product was recommended by many members of the corvette forum as an inexpensive alternative to the more expensive sound deadening product. I used it and it worked very well. There is no smell from this product and it is very easy to cover the entire trunk area with it.

ThriftyDude

Date:

Ease of use:

5/5

I bought new Polk Audio speakers for my Silverado Crew Cab. They sound good, but the resonation in the doors was awful when the bass was turned up. I didn't have a lot of money to spend on Dynamat, so I gave this a try. I installed it around the speakers as well as on areas of the door that vibrated easily when bumped with a fist. The difference was amazing even though I didn't do the whole doors. Also, for the next 3 weeks, the truck sat in a parking lot 100+ degree temperatures, and I never noticed any odor. By the way, I used shop towels dampened with Mineral Spirits to clean the door panels and remove any oils before applying this.

Overall Rating:

5/5

Bob

Date:October 21, 2011

Features:

5/5

I had to replace floor pans in my car cause it was rusted out bad. Then i put Peel and Seal down under carpet. I think its better now then when it was new, Great stuff !!!!

Pros High quality, Durable, sticks well
Cons none

·
Registered
174 Posts
I plan to put it on the roof for heat blocking capability. The tar and aluminum should work very well in reducing in car temp along with tinted windows. Once it gets moving of course.

No ac here:texas:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
i put this peel n stick on the inside of all my windows to see if it kept the sun out. I'm glad to report that it does a wonderful job.:nanawrench: Thanks for the installation tips Robert..

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i put this peel n stick on the inside of all my windows to see if it kept the sun out. I'm glad to report that it does a wonderful job.:nanawrench: Thanks for the installation tips Robert..
Were talking about peel & seal

is this what your talking about peel & stick?:poke:

Did you add one of these to the roof.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
nope.. this one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts