El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know Texas took the burnt of the heat for last summer 60 day's of 100 + and the average person must have lost at least 20lbs with no effort. Where's Oprah when you need her?:poke:
Here in So. Cal. the evenings and mornings are nice and cool but the afternoons are getting hot and humid maybe in the 80's . Who's cooking out there and show your backyard thermometers :beer::beer:

Robert

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
It is 96 and sticky right now. My a/c system is crying! Headed into the pool which is up to 84.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just as bad in Tennessee, 100 plus for two weeks with just one short rain storm that killed power where i live on the 4th of July for 10 hours. If the Global Warming people would get a clue and stop blaming car exhaust and cow farts, the weather was this same way 65 years ago,, it goes in cycles of every 50 to 60 years and we are eating the cows as fast as we can. :beer:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Took a ride yesterday...

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just as bad in tennessee, 100 plus for two weeks with just one short rain storm that killed power where i live on the 4th of july for 10 hours. If the global warming people would get a clue and stop blaming car exhaust and cow farts, the weather was this same way 65 years ago,, it goes in cycles of every 50 to 60 years and we are eating the cows as fast as we can. :beer:
x2 on the warming

·
Registered
257 Posts
We broke at least 2-3 records last week n one was on the 4, I think 101 n a lot of it was humidity

·
Registered
189 Posts
:eek:nfire::eek:nfire:

Going to cool down

:fluffy:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Today is a carbon copy of the last five days. At 300 hours it is 94. I am standing in my pool posting this on my Droid. I don't wanna get out!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

That looks like a place we used to have on Lake Havasu on the Calif. side all to ourselves with our own cove and beach with jet skis back then water bike's were still in development. Wish we still had it with a covey of quail running by and full pig on the spit in the evening.:beer::beer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hay Robert, This cove is down south between Cattail Cove,and Parker Dam Lake Havasu:beer: .Az side. Today we were riding up north Topock area. Water temp 69* river/83* lake.
I like cold water when air temps are 110* + today 118*

·
Registered
38 Posts
It has hit 86 F (30 C) for the last 3 days. Finally some heat! Heading to PHX Az in a week to spend a month in some real heat :)

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hay Robert, This cove is down south between Cattail Cove,and Parker Dam Lake Havasu:beer: .Az side. Today we were riding up north Topock area. Water temp 69* river/83* lake.
I like cold water when air temps are 110* + today 118*
Have you ever heard of the sail- in bar on the calif. side or ever see a pontoon boat called the love boat with airplane seats? We had a friend that worked for KLM that got them for the boat. You would see us at the London Bridge all drinking with the patrol asking what time the pig was going to be ready. It's been years but we had a lot of friends who had places up on the Indian res. they took back the leases so one of the guys had access to a foam insulation it's a liquid you spray and it puffs up solid so he brought A tanker up and filled the house with it. If you know what I'm talking about they might as well just burn it down you can't salvage nothing not even the piping you could never get to it. We had more fun there i wish we still had it.:beer::beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's nasty down here in Los Angeles but I'm not complaining.

·
932 Posts
Well after the wettest june in 3 decades we have been getting some sun the last few weeks , we broke 90 degrees this week which is hot in this area .Suppose to get to the high 80s today maybe even hit the low 90s ,nothing like the temps in the Southern States. Stay hydrated everyone.

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Mostly lower to mid 80'ies and low humidity this summer here around Lake Geneva ... really nice weather actually.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts