·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
sounds like the O2 sensor to me.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,047 Posts
The green wire actually goes to the cylinder head and its the temperature sensor for either your gauge or idiot light (whichever you are equipped with)

Tubes coming out of both exhaust manifolds are the pluming for the A.I.R. or (Air injection reactor) emissions equipment. The spirally silver/yellow hose in teh first pict is the heat stove connection to the air cleaner to allow for quicker warm-ups.

I'm pretty sure that - yes - you have an O2 sensor, it should be located either near the connection of the drivers side exhaust manifold to the exhaust system or slightly downstream of there.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
so what your saying is its all california crap and needs to be ripped off before i get called green?

The green is the temp sensor. I just took mine out and put it on my new motor., My wire kept falling off and my gauge would read o till I hooked it back up.

Here's your co2 sensor drivers side.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,306 Posts
so what your saying is its all California crap and needs to be ripped off before i get called green?
...No,its already set up for green,thats what all of the tubes are for,to make your motor run more efficiency and less emission out the tail pipe.:dontknow:
..there two type of smog,Federal and state,federal have just the basics and the state have either a higher standard or bare minimal requirements.it vary from state to state.:beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
there are none what so ever in my state thats why its coming off

I think if you have the computer it won't run right.:beer: You may have to change the carb. and dist.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Read this:http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=44502
It's about how I removed all the emissions equipment that robs horsepower and how to do it without messing up your computer. I daily drive it w/3.73s in the rear and still get about 15 city if I keep my foot out of it. The catalytic converter and the air pump are really the only emissions components that robs horsepower, I did it so I wouldn't have so many hoses under the hood. You will end up plugging those metal hoses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts