El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1974 classic 350sbc
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I mash on the gas my truck just sputters and surges? If I just ease into it she picks up speed like it should? Kinda lost on this one

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Could be the accelerator pump in the carb is failing, could be slack in the timing chain. Could be trash in the fuel system. The first two are easy to check; research them and see if either one is your problem.
Patrick

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
Could be the accelerator pump in the carb is failing, could be slack in the timing chain. Could be trash in the fuel system. The first two are easy to check; research them and see if either one is your problem.
Patrick
X2 on the accelerator pump and timing.

·
Registered
1974 classic 350sbc
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patrick
The best way i can put it. I had my oil pump changed out. Now I've had several problems which I think are related to the mechanic who worked on my truck. 1st they "found a pin hole in my oil pan" never leaked b4. Now leaks from the pan. I temp fixed it with jbweld. Secondly I threw a belt due to alt being loose. now this my buddy at work told me to check the linkage? Was in the middle hole? Moved it up to the top one? I'll see how she runs over the weekend. Thanks for your advice I've looked into your suggestion and will try it if I still have this problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts