El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 1 of many el camino owners here in jax just thought i need to get this started so someone here in fl would speak i know im proud to be a owner of a 1969 elcamino..

·
Registered
109 Posts
new owner-69

there are many of us here in fl. we just need to get better in the organization dept. but, thats how you start with the inquirey. lets hear from more of you I'll be at the turkey rod run in daytona just look for the info man @gate 40. and a red 59 elky...r-59...peter o'rourke,reg.dir...fl

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Peter and other Florida Elky owners:

Have a great time at the Turkey Rod Run.

-dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey fellow floridians.. i live in seminole, next to st.pete. caught elky fever, 9 months ago. musta looked at 80 or so, left notes on 50 more. finally a guy who turned down my offer 2 months ago sold me his 84 quista for 1500. nice piece needs some work. if i can help organize our group, let me know.. if you of anfy good mechanics, body people or suppliers out my way, let me know. thanks
happy holidays

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Bought my '87 Choo Choo from the original owner in Tampa three years ago.

Happy holidays!
-dan

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm in Daytona, and i think the temp is about 55-60, and pretty sunny. Perfect crusing conditions :D :-D :) :) 8O 8) :cool:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello from Jacksonville area

Hello everyone...I live in the little town of Callahan, just north of Jacksonville, and have a real 72 SS. It is a genuine 454 car, but that rat is long gone and has std chevy 350 mouse :cry:. I want to replace the 454 so if anyone has a lead on a '71 or '72 454 (complete, or running or not, or bare block, whatever as long as its at least rebuildable) I would love to hear from you. I find them in California etc, and it aint worth the drive or the shipping....there has to be some in Florida/South Georgia ?

In good overall shape, but I do need to replace a lot of wiring harnesses under hood and dash (after years of add-ons and deletions :? ). If anyone in North Fla area has done this on 71 or 72, I would be interested in perhaps hiring you for your help and guidance.

I am a member of North Florida Chevelles (also Elky's) and anyone interested we would love to have you join us for shows, etc.

http://www.chevelles.net/nfc/

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi 72ss454Florida,

thanks for the flyer u left in the elcamino that was parked in front of rolly polly this week. too bad u r not interested in a 4bolt main 350 with holly 4brl carb and aluminum intake manifold/headers. it's fresh and never run yet. :thumbsup:

anyway, glad to be a new member and look forward to learning what i can from u guys. 8O

i have a stock 79 1/2 with the 229 v6/3spd manual thats all original. it really did belong to a little ole grandmother but she didn't really take that gooda care of it. :-( so.........we gonna do shocks(air), exhaust, clutch, tranny bearings, brakes and airconditioning to bring it back to stock. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
greatav8or said:
hi 72ss454Florida,

thanks for the flyer u left in the elcamino that was parked in front of rolly polly this week. too bad u r not interested in a 4bolt main 350 with holly 4brl carb and aluminum intake manifold/headers. it's fresh and never run yet. :thumbsup:

anyway, glad to be a new member and look forward to learning what i can from u guys. 8O

i have a stock 79 1/2 with the 229 v6/3spd manual thats all original. it really did belong to a little ole grandmother but she didn't really take that gooda care of it. :-( so.........we gonna do shocks(air), exhaust, clutch, tranny bearings, brakes and airconditioning to bring it back to stock. :D
Hello greatav80r!! Welcome to NECOA/ECC

Well I am even happier that you read the flyer and logged on to join us. :thumbsup: :cool:

As for the 350, yep mine already has one of those, but you can post it for sale here, on the 'GARAGE SALE' forum, and maybe someone will be interested. I work around the corner on Bayberry Road, so maybe we can hook up one day for lunch.

Again, welcome, and dont be a stranger here..... 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts