El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to Jax and I'm having some car problems. My '87 Elk doesn't wanna start and I've tried a couple things, but I don't have time to work on it now. Can anyone suggest a shop to take it too? Im just not sure of any around town that are good and won't screw me over. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in Saint Augustine. Don't take my car in too often but there are a couple of places depending on what the issue is...what's going on? no spark no gas not turning over?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I know a couple people in Jax that I could ask.

What sort of problems are you having?

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,585 Posts
Grant , Give it a little time and hopefully you will get the info you need . I tried to PM Jlcustomz and ask him since he is in the Jacksonville area . His box is full right now and cannot accept a PM until emptied . He is a very busy guy but is very knowledgeable and creative . In the meantime , you might want to look at his photos on the great work he has done to his ride . Good luck and we hope you will meet up with some of the members in your area .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Saint Augustine. Don't take my car in too often but there are a couple of places depending on what the issue is...what's going on? no spark no gas not turning over?
I found a spot that looks like a good place, its currently in the shop. It was turning over but not starting. I think its an electrical problem personally, but ill know for sure on Monday when the shop calls me. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know a couple people in Jax that I could ask.

What sort of problems are you having?
I found a shop that look reliable. Hopefully i don't have any other problems, its been reliable up until now. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Not sure where it's at exactly but there is a shop in Jax that you rent by the hour and work on your own cars.

Even has lifts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts