El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jesse cont.

Don't get me wrong. I normaly love Monster Garage. The show is about taking a car and changing it to do something very non-car like. The snowmoble-Mini Cooper was quite innovative.

This episode, however, is neither innovative or unique. My brother built a demolition derby car when he was 17. And he did it alone in 3 days.

You can e-mail jesse at http://www.westcoastchoppers.com

Let him know how impressed we are.

:evil:

·
Registered
314 Posts
you do know he owns a 5th gen,

·
Registered
342 Posts
On Monster Garage, they have also cut up a Corvette to make a mud racer, an SS Impala to make a Zambone and a Porsche to make a golf ball retreiver. I have a feeling that the projects and the cars they pick are not necessarily of Jesse James' preferences as to which car to ruin next (it's called Hollywood).

They did rip up a Mustang Convertible to make a lawn mower - I thought that was quite appropriate . . . . .

If you've ever seen the man's bikes, you have to respect him as a master craftsman.

·
Registered
314 Posts
the only thing that makes me mad is that he uses too nice of cars. i probably wouldnt watch it if he used junkyard cars, i think he should use the "looks good from 20ft" car

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have seen some of the cars at the NY Auto Show last year, promoting the show - and they only look good from 20 feet away . . . . . They are thrown together too fast and painted too quickly to ba anything else.

On TV, a video camera hides a world of sins . . . . .

I do agree however that they should start with "rougher" cars, and they are usually in pristine condition before the hammers come out. I guess that's the point of the show - nothing is too good to chop up for ratings.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
I watched one show of Monster Garage and it was enough for me. I think they were making a garbage truck out of a mini van? Regardless, I got the impression that James was a naysayer with a snotty attitude, (spent too much time telling the help that their ideas sucked and that it couldn't be done.) Maybe it was just me, but I didn't care much for the show. Nonetheless, he builds some incredible scooters.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya know all his bikes tend to look the same after a while. wild paint and fancy rims. I wouldn't spend more than 2 grabd for one. I'd rather have a 59 camino.

He should start with rougher cars that barely run and are the cars nobody wants (Brats, Rampages, Rancheros)and make something out of them not the nice new cars that have a lifetime of service in front of them. :-(

·
1,867 Posts
Jesse James is an evil man!

·
Registered
66 Posts
that was a cool show to watch until i seen him go to a hot rod show and buy that ss elky, then i almost wanted to beat the crap out of him for destroing it, i would have traded my 80 for it..... oh well ill see him around one day

·
Registered
476 Posts
hell camino

Ya'll are too funny! Yea, I must admit, I am jealeous of Jesse James. I would LOVE to do what he does, except for hacking up that sweet SS LOL But hey, we're ElCamino guys, not Ranchero dudes LMAO
Rock on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took them a while to favor us with this show over here. Maybe we weren't ready for this before. LOL
Actually I found some episodes quite entertaining, some were outright hilarious. But what they did to the Elky wasn't right.

My only comfort is that Jesse James will be punished for this in automotive hell. Hope he will be condemned to ride a Yugo (in first gear) until eternity... :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Among all the places where are El Caminos rusting and sinking in the Earth, there is one rather pretty 59 to 61 El Camino in Texas just north of I-40 at mile marker 20 or thereabouts.
It is Red and "appears" to be solid, setting and sinking into the ground.
A Route 66 derelict as there are many in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona setting in fields and under decaying buildings and/or fallen buildings.

So my question to the masses here at El Camino Central is thus:

"Who has the right to question another persons attitude towards REcreating a vehicle from a stock creation?"
There are quite many people here at El Camino Central that could qualify as BUTCHERS if ya wanna go that way. Check out the Weird El Caminos area for "creations" that make Jesse James appear as an amateur, or maybe incite some ideas.
The ones that wanna install larger engines than were offered as stock options, and/or add oversized rims/tires, weird color patterns, chopped tops and NO tops, 4 wheel drive frames/components, wheelie bars, etc...ad infinitum or ad nauseum, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah.
As Jimi Hendrix said: "Bow wow, woof, woof." "And the wind cried Mary!"

~Eric G. uv NC~ :feedback:

·
Registered
43 Posts
JOHNSUBR said:
wonder what he did with the bed rails?
House exterior window frames enhancement complete with clips for removal and cleaning. :lol: :lol:
Other ideas abound.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not into monster garage, I think their projects are pretty hokey so therefore i didn't see this el camino episode. but you guys are killing me with curiosity, what goofy theme or impractical function did they apply to the elky? is there a pic somewhere of this thing in the internet??
:nopic:

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Monster Garage El Camino/Figure 8 Race Car.. Personally out of all the crazy crap I have seen them build this one doesn't disturb me as bad. I like figure 8 racing and at least this one is practical and used for racing and not mowing lawns.

·
Registered
230 Posts
OMG!!! that was a complete stock ss el camino before they did THAT to it?!?! It looks more redneck than custom, my stepdad coulda done that, and that's sayin' a lot!! Shame shame on jesse james!!! :mad:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lady Camino said:
OMG!!! that was a complete stock ss el camino before they did THAT to it?!?! It looks more redneck than custom, my stepdad coulda done that, and that's sayin' a lot!! Shame shame on jesse james!!! :mad:
O.k. I revoke my last comment I had not realized that it was a stock SS. However I think that's what gave there show the shock value they were after. I watched them purchase a bone stock and perfect Model A and chop the crap out of it. I love old customs but for gods sake man start with a junker. As I said it's all shock value they like to make the purist mad.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts