El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching that show on spike tv called "riding with funkmaster flex" and they were showcasing some of jesse james' cars. when they showed some old hot rod i could have sworn there was a fifth gen el camino parked next to it. of course they didnt feature it on the show. i hope its one of his cars and not another project for monster garage or something! :cry:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Yikes! From the looks of those pics, he's the king of ugly wheels...

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I agree, I don't care for the big wheel craze. I wanna see my tires that I paid good money for so I can at least be sure that they're still on the rims. If I wanted big wheels I would have bought a covered wagon from a settler...or stole one of those trikes from a tyke made by Mattel. 16" is BIG enough! :lol:

·
1,867 Posts
How right you are! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
they're probably some of his custom wheels he designs.

If i remember right it takes him like 54 hours to make 1 rear wheel for a custom motorcycle. its made from a solid chunk of aluminum instead of a wheel blank. so i could imagine how long a set of 20's would take

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
James really needs to stick with motorcycles....seems to be the only area where he's really talented.

·
Registered
481 Posts
did anybody notice the prices? $2200 for just one 26 inch rim.

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah you notice the tattoo on his hand, pay here sucker.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There is someone with a brown 5th gen that drives around in my neck of the woods that has 20" Gold tone Spokes on his. It looks stupid! The truck is in good shape and has a pretty good paint job on it but those wheels are just bad.

Some wheels are just meant to be ugly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was kinda mad

i was kinda mad when they bought that elky on monster garage i would have trade them cause mine needs alot of work so it would have been a great car for the show

big bear

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't seen an episode, but from what I hear they get perfectly useful cars and turn them into junk. Who in the right mind would do that to something other than a Pinto or Mustang II! :mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, Times are changing. Either your down with the bling or not, but personaly i think he could have done alot worse wheel choice on the el-camino. I like it, and atleast the rims are more shiny than rubber, for all ya chrome freaks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts